• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

website deals of the day

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fletcher said:
nice, thanks aster.

i wonder if these would be okay to mash with? considering they're usable in a freezer/refrigerator i'm assuming they're okay with water. probably wrong though. anyone know for sure? stupid idea? i don't really care either way,..only cost $1.96 all up :)
I find them highly inaccurate above 60c... below that they are fine

sp0rk said:
$18 stainless vacuum flask growlers on massdrop!
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/lifeline-64-growler
The shipping isn't great ($15), but I guess if a couple of us buy them and see if there is combined shipping, it might work out a bit cheaper
Thanks sp0rk.

With 5 bottles is "only" $8.60 per bottle, for 10 it's $6.84 each and so on.

I'm trying to start a bulk buy with some local mates here in Sydney (Inner West region).
If anyone is keen to join shoot me a PM.

NewtownClown said:
I find them highly inaccurate above 60c... below that they are fine
no worries mate. gonna get that weldless one so i won't have to dick around :)

Free shipping Aldi Online Liquor - this weekend only, starts Friday 17th. Not showing up online yet, but I received a notification today.

www.aldiliquor.com.au

I think some of the Leffe products seem to be pretty good value from memory. The only reason why I haven't ordered previously is due to the freight costs.

Is the aldi one worth it or better off getting the ebay ones people suggest?

Aldi up...If you don't like it their returns policy says you can get a full refund on their "special buy" items within 60 days:

We will also refund or replace any non-food specials (Special Buys™) within 60 days. Please provide your original receipt (or other proof of purchase), ideally with packaging.

jonnir said:
Is the aldi one worth it or better off getting the ebay ones people suggest?
I've heard mixed reviews on the Aldi ones.

I brought this one on recommendation from a trusted AHB member and haven't had any complaints

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/161011315895

It's a little more expensive, however it comes with 30m of bags, compared to 5m with the Aldi one.

I had the Aldi Vac Sealer and worked Ok...Didn't last too long though as the seal bar is very small and I burnt it out. Could suck though....

That Aldi unit looks a whole lot like a rebadged Luvelo one
vacuum.png

My luvelo had a fuk up the other day, well i did. I vac sealed 4 steaks and had it set on dry, it sucked in blood and fuked the suction, would still seal, but no vacuum.

Being the mechanic i am i ripped it to bits, plugged it in and tested it out, the motor was still running but the pump wouldnt rotate, close inspection found the pump had overloaded and the glue between the pump shaft/piston and the electric motor had broke, i pulled apart, re-glued with super glue and let sit over night.

vac sealed 2 whole chooks and some sausages yesterday, never skipped a beat.

Just an FYI for y'all.

sp0rk said:
That Aldi unit looks a whole lot like a rebadged Luvelo one
attachicon.gif
vacuum.png
Plus, they both start with the same letter of the alphabet, and contain the same number of letters.

Coincidences abound...

I'm going to give the Lumina a go come Wednesday, will report back.

shaunous said:
My luvelo had a fuk up the other day, well i did. I vac sealed 4 steaks and had it set on dry, it sucked in blood and fuked the suction, would still seal, but no vacuum.

Being the mechanic i am i ripped it to bits, plugged it in and tested it out, the motor was still running but the pump wouldnt rotate, close inspection found the pump had overloaded and the glue between the pump shaft/piston and the electric motor had broke, i pulled apart, re-glued with super glue and let sit over night.

vac sealed 2 whole chooks and some sausages yesterday, never skipped a beat.

Just an FYI for y'all.
My vac sealer (Eurolab) does not have a wet/dry option... I sealed some spent grain to freeze it for making dog biscuits later on, it did seem to struggle. Might avoid wet foods from now on!

DJ_L3ThAL said:
My vac sealer (Eurolab) does not have a wet/dry option... I sealed some spent grain to freeze it for making dog biscuits later on, it did seem to struggle. Might avoid wet foods from now on!
You mean for that fancy little white thing in your car the other week? How much foie gras do you have to blend with the grain to appease it's palate? :p

Haha, nothing specialadded and he devours the biscuits with a super simple recipe I got from here http://byo.com/food-recipes/item/2368-grains-to-treats-last-call

Confirmed tasty by a few friends other dogs too! Am yet to brew anything above 1.050 or with dark/choc grains though.

Also gotta admit, the sealing/freezing of the spent grains was more to test the vac sealer than to have spent grains in the freezer. I just threw 4.5kg of grains from yesterdays brew into the organics bin as if I used all of the spent grain every brew day, I'd have a serious dog biscuit factory on my hands and negative spare time.

Will try grain bread one day.

Latest posts

Back