• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

website deals of the day

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
shaunous said:
That sealer looks like it'll do the job.

Happy with mine for now though.
I was going to return the Eurolabs one but I might pass it onto the misses and let her use it for sealing up expensive cuts of meat. I figure these rippled bags can be had cheaper if you look around a little for the knockoffs.

Brewcraft Joondalup are selling 2 font Keg King kegerator s for $499. Probably clearing stock before the new model arrives.

Some good beer deals at BWS

Ballast Point Big Eye $13.80 (eq slab $55 vs $75 DMs)
Karl Strauss Pintail $12.60 (eq slab $50 vs $70 DMs)

A few similar deals for other sixers too. I remember seeing Feral (white?) , Burleigh and Balmin plus a couple more I can't recall. Lady manning the register thought it would be all stores too

aster1 said:
nice, thanks aster.

i wonder if these would be okay to mash with? considering they're usable in a freezer/refrigerator i'm assuming they're okay with water. probably wrong though. anyone know for sure? stupid idea? i don't really care either way,..only cost $1.96 all up :)

It's an NTC thermo, same as an STC1000
That being said, I've had three of them and they were all off by a few degrees

I buy a few of these every few months. Not sure on the accuracy, the last batch (all white plastic) are within 0.2c of each other.

For $2, I tend to use them for a lot of things. I do use them for mashing, but I have nothing else, I should pull my finger out and get a nice big dial type.

They are great thermometers, I've got one for my keg fridge. They are accurate to +-1C as I checked in ice water and verified other temps with my accurate IR gun.

Just a side note, that eBay seller "ceedlim" is dishonest. I purchased a few items from them mid last year and did not receive them in the mail, after almost 45 days I was asking if they were lost etc and the seller tried to make me "wait a few more days" (even though it was supposed to arrive within 25 business days max) which I realised was to make the 45 day PayPal dispute resolution window expire so that I could not obtain a guaranteed refund for the lost goods. I've since ceased purchasing from that seller and am trying to significantly reduce my purchases from cheap Chinese eBay sellers due to some other poor experiences.

ED: Spielberging

Back