*waves*

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PenguinBrewing

Reaction score
Hi all -

I've been on this website that many times from googling problems — I thought I'd just sign up and say g'day and thanks for the help!

Very new to brewing, my first batch was a weak lager kit that came with the fermenter, but I'm upping the anty to a Golden Ale for Brew #2.

Cheers,
Dan

*waves back*
hi there penguin brewing, welcome. How did your first brew turn out? Were you happy with it? Is there any questions about the process or about the taste and appearance of your brew you might have? Which ingredients came with the kit?

Cheers, friend.

First brew was very light, but I suppose that's to be expected with a blonde lager. That said, I was happy with carbonation and it's mellowed over the last couple of months. The kit was a Mangrove Jacks blonde lager, and came with its own yeast. I just used standard brewing sugar for my first brew.

The Golden Ale looks to be almost ready for bottling, but I'm concerned about potential ABV (at this stage it's working out to be about 3.6%) and am worried about some of the sediment on the bottom of the fermenter. I used an enhancer this time, though, so I guess that could be the reason.

Back