Water Report Mandurah WA

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HaveFun

Reaction score
HI,

any idea from where i can get the water report for Mandurah WA 6210?

Cheers
Stefan

I used the customer enquiry facility on the Water Corp website. The tables in the annual reports don't provide the values for calcium, magnesium, etc.

I sent an old report in to let them know what I was looking for.

I have attached the current report for my area as an example.

WJ

Attachments

• PM-#17195665-v2-GSR_Albany_WQ_Data_Sheet_2016-2017.pdf
    208.2 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Hi Stefan

I tried for years to get a meaning-full water report out of wawa; they will give you the mins and max and state its within spec. The specific problem in Mandurah is the waters a ‘shandy’ of de-sal bore and dam so its a constant moving target to try and define what the chemical composition is, I went RO and never regretted a second, you don't need a Ph meter use Brun Water, I hit the numbers every time….

finally, I got a water report :)

I will add for the next 36l weissbier batch (46% pilsener and 54% wheat)

CaSO4 5g
CaCl2 7g
MgSO4 6g
Lactic Acid 6ml

I hope this will improve my weissbier :)

cheers
Stefan

Attachments

• PM-#18485328-v2-Mandurah_WQ_Data_Sheet_2017.pdf
    137.7 KB · Views: 131
Thats quite a bit different to the last one I got, see attached, but I'm assured by people who know our (Mandurah) water is chemically all over the place like a mad woman *ing..
I've been talking to a few plumbers as we've been thro' 3 very expensive water systems in the last 15 years. Apparently they are starting to use virtuous enamel again as its lasting longer than the SS!! since the kwinana de-sal plant kicked in! (go RO++, your Beer will Love you for it)

Attachments

• DWQ-annual-report-Perth-Aesthetic-Tables.PDF
    134.4 KB · Views: 111

CaSO4 5g
CaCl2 7g
MgSO4 6g
Lactic Acid 6ml

cheers
Stefan

I throw in a Campden tablet to get rid of the chlorine. One tablet will do 75 litres.

WJ

RO water sounds good but an under sink RO system is around $500..

just found a small portable one for under $200..

https://www.mywaterfilter.com.au/3-...y0TF5WD_9U9XeJ1E6YXcbmMxJT7fSyohoCHkUQAvD_BwE

I believe you have to get your RO water tested, to know what minerals you have to add?

Cheers
Stefan

Check out eBay, just purchased a 3 stage RO filter wall mounted for $129. I don’t think you need to test RO water as it comes out basically mineral and chlorine free and is regarded as a blank canvas.

and what is the pH of RO water ?

yes right ebay :)

what are you thinking about this one ?

http://vi.vipr.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBay...descgauge=1&cspheader=1&oneClk=1&secureDesc=0

cheers
Stefan

Looks ok, I believe a 3 stage is what you want as any thing more than 3 stage has an alkaliser which raises the ph to give you a better drinking quality water. Follow these instructions for basic water chemistry.
IMG_1524976672.792847.jpg

I asked WC for a water test report representative of Duncraig, thinking I would receive Whitfords, and I received Yokine. Here it is.

It's amazing how variable the water is comparing Whitfords and Yokine in the annual report

Attachments

• PM-#18485316-v2-West_Yokine_WQ_Data_Sheet_2017.PDF
    132.3 KB · Views: 77

CaSO4 5g
CaCl2 7g
MgSO4 6g
Lactic Acid 6ml

cheers
Stefan

Hi HaveFun have you had any luck finding any more upto date results for Mandurah? I have tried water corp but they are not very helpful and can only supply me with results that are old.

Latest posts

Back