Warners at the Bay - Craft Beer Festival

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SBOB

Reaction score
Its next Sunday (27/11), and I've never been previously, but am going

Anyone else going? How does it rate based on previous years?

It's the best, you will love it, it's for beer connoisseurs. Better brewery attendance than bitter and twisted. I'm going again (4th year this time) you won't be disappointed.
Edit: it's pretty much 5 hours of sampling. You can't buy extra tickets because you won't get through the initial book they give you.
There is usually 20-30 brewery's and you get to sample 3-4 beers from each brewery. Add that up and that's a lot of drinks to try for the ticket price.

Kingy said:
There is usually 20-30 brewery's and you get to sample 3-4 beers from each brewery. Add that up and that's a lot of drinks to try for the ticket price.
that sounds like a recipe for a Monday off

I thought it was just 1 sample per brewery, based on their description, but perhaps i misunderstood...

I might be going if they've got any tickets left when I get in there next Tuesday.

Been meaning to get there the last 3 years but haven't made it yet. Unfortunately this year will be the same story... next year...

I wish :(
Rental inspection next week, so I'll be flat out cleaning
(plus I've been away for the last 4 weekends for various events)

Also, is it the kind of event where its best to get their early (starts at 12) or it doesnt really matter?

And where exactly is it held, do they just fence of some area of the car park or something?

Mr Wibble - depends where you're heading. Probably a 10 minute cab/Uber ride to Cardiff train station, buses around the corner though depending on direction of travel you may need to get two of them.

SBOB - It's held in the side/back carpark. It's a pretty good setup. If you've got your ticket already it doesn't matter what time you get there. You'll struggle to get through half of the provided beer tickets even if there for the entire time.

We'll be on the 11:35 train arriving at Cardiff.

We have booked a taxi for 11:40 to pick us up, if someone wants the spare seat, it's OK by us.
I'll be with Mrs Wibble.

Had a great time at the festival.

This was our first, but we'll be going every year from now on.

It was great to talk to the brewers in the various booths, try all the beers, talk to other beer nerds :)

Everyone was happy, no-one was agro, and there was plenty of room - it was busy, but not crowded.

There's no reason to get there right on 12 - the stalls have mountains of beer.

Did anyone find the "Square Keg" stall? we went looking, but could not find it.

Tried some excellent porters, and a grapefruit IPA that was feckin' unbelievable (and I don't like grapefruit).
Spent way to much money on t-shirts though. :D

Although our fricken taxi was a no-show. Missed our train.
Drove over, and the out-laws brought us (and the car) home.

Next time I'm hiring a minibus.

Latest posts

Back