Warm Enough To Brew?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QldKev

Brew Dude
Reaction score
It's currently 32c and 76% humidity, summer has finally hit!

Will this be warm enough for me to ferment my beer or should I use a heater?

I would try up the temp a little bit more if you can!! you dont want the yeast falling asleep

About friggen time.
Effing cold weather in summer, mumble f*ck.....

Let her rip W3724 :icon_cheers:

Looks like you got a lot of rippin' up to do winkle. No less than 23 beers planned including a few saisons, I see.

Use some dry enzyme while you're at it, cleans up those flavours.

Send the warm weather down here. I've been planning a saison for weeks but melbourne is stuck in the low 20's with a howling gale most days.

Can i recommend smelling some dandelions and sneezing into the fresh Wort as well?

JDW81 i know how you feel but on the flip side its saving me money on the brewing fridge not running all day trying to stay at 17... try crash chilling at 0 during that 40degees... sigh poor fridge(good thing SWMBO didnt know :p )

Send the warm weather down here. I've been planning a saison for weeks but melbourne is stuck in the low 20's with a howling gale most days.

I'm in exactly the same boat. Thinking of just using my fermentation fridge, but where is the fun in that?!

Just use an extra 2 kilos of sugar and an extra cup of bakers yeast and you will be right mate!

Use some dry enzyme while you're at it, cleans up those flavours.

I know a local brewer who loves the stuff :blink:

Interesting.... snow in Jan???

From BOM....

Issued at 3:27 pm EDT on Tuesday 10 January 2012.

Bush walkers are advised that snow as low as 1000 metres is expected during Tuesday and Wednesday. These hazardous conditions are expected to occur in southern parts of the Western forecast district.

FFS do a search that temp is way too hot for fermenting a beer........................................Fuckin NOOBS

Forgot the sarcasm font :D

lucky *******,,, 34 degrees and a barmy 90 something poocent humidity up here. weatherzone reckons feels like 41.
thank god for temp control.

only if you keep your airlock bubbling and have done a full search for the answer

Big mob of tea cosys, it's not even hot yet.

4677893591_eedd335e9d.jpg

40 in ipswich yesterday, surely that should be warm enough and I won't need a heat belt... what with the aircon running and a heat belt Julia is sure getting her carbon tax cut!

Back