• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wanted To Trade/Barter for Mill setup:

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madpierre06

Reaction score
I have a Crankenstien Mill I need a base/hopper for, and don't have the tools or material to put together. Will be drill powered. I am looking for someone who can supply the above and help me (or vice versa) put together. I am happy to cover (dollar-wise) materials, and will put in some of my finest to cover your time. I'm on Brissie Northside but not bothered by travel. Appreciate any help on this one.

Got Ghetto and DIY!

http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/57659-post-your-ghetto-gear-thread-the-200-hopper/?p=840812

All you would need for this:

Offcut of plywood or MDF
A drill and drill bit (if the bit isn't big enough, drill many holes and hog the rest out with a chisel / screwdriver / hammer)
A pencil or something to write with to mark the size of hole you need
Some duct tape to seal and secure.

(I can't claim credit for this, just found while searching)

Cheers fellas....hadn't considered 'ghetto' as a search term. Going ghetto suits my philosophy as well....

What's the dimensions of the top of the mill? And the centre distance of the rollers when looking from above? I am looking at getting one of these, fixed hopper only , whipped by the boys in the workshop for my mini mill.

bradsbrew said:
What's the dimensions of the top of the mill? And the centre distance of the rollers when looking from above? I am looking at getting one of these, fixed hopper only , whipped by the boys in the workshop for my mini mill.
Hey Brad. Thanks mate, it's 155 x 85 x 50, with centre line of 127mm.

Took a while but it is done....................

20160226_124546.jpg

bradsbrew said:
Took a while but it is done....................
Awesome mate, thanks muchly. Looks a treat. When is a good time to comew through, couldn't get back there today. Is Monday am ok?

Cheers smate, I'll come through around 7.30'ish to get out of your hair in time. Due for a bacon/jerky run a orreals as well.

Actually, just after i posted this up , one of the guys rocked up with this thing of beauty, not sure how much it will hold. I received a bigger version that should hold around 15kg.

20160226_165303.jpg

I will show you how to swap over the hopper to the base plate on monday.

any reason no one seems to use zinc / galv sheet folded up into a hopper ?
i was thinking of making up something on the pan brake / guillotine at work

is that a school workshop Bradsbrew
those window security screens sure look like 1960's QLD ED's work :)
the workbench does not look like 1960 / 70 qld ed but....

My hopper holds about 200 grams the reason I made it so small as it fits inside my mill cupboard but, has anyone made a hopper with some kind of sliding shut off " gate" that allows you to lift the hopper off incase of a blockage without spilling the grains in the hopper ?
Might help someone else with their planned build.

Latest posts

Back