Wanted: Tap Bits and or Taps

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

potof4x

Reaction score
A long shot but Does anyone have 1 each of the pictured bits they would be willing to part with?
I'm assuming they're from chinese taps - they came with a second hand kegerator.
Also chasing a pair of 2nd hand taps prefer flow control for mounting to a kegerator font if any body has them?
983c607b-09b9-4cb8-93df-e2c4467b12d3.jpg
97ecb4ab-64a7-4b3f-ba6d-c94142dd315a.jpg

Cheers Rob

potof4x said:
A long shot but Does anyone have 1 each of the pictured bits they would be willing to part with?
I'm assuming they're from chinese taps - they came with a second hand kegerator.
Also chasing a pair of 2nd hand taps prefer flow control for mounting to a kegerator font if any body has them?
983c607b-09b9-4cb8-93df-e2c4467b12d3.jpg
97ecb4ab-64a7-4b3f-ba6d-c94142dd315a.jpg

Cheers Rob
Your probably best to get 3 taps the same and upgrade the font accordingly, the taps are the pricey bit but the tripple font is worth the price, you wont end up having to make holes every where.
I know tight budgets trust me, this upgrade I'd save for and do right.
The ducks appendages; Less than $400 for top of the line taps and good quality font, yeah it's a chunk, but you won't be cursing foamy pours every time you use it and it will increase your resale if you ever decide to get out of kegging.

MB

Cheers for the reply MB!
The stainless flow control perlicks look sensational and the forward seal just "makes sense". If I'm ever investing in new taps that's the way I would go.

I'm actually looking to get out of the kegarators I have and (after paying for a wedding and moving house) into a Keezer
So trying to complete the cheap flow control tap and then sell the whole setup.
The other two complete taps I'm chasing will replace the stainless FC cellis i have on my other kegerator before I sell it. I may sell the whole setup as is though if I can't find replacements for the cellis.
Incidentally I've found the cheap flow control taps pour no better or worse than the cellis, but both types will pour foam initially I think because of beer warming in the font in between pours. I'll usually use jugs to cut down on waste.
A keezer won't have that problem and running one motor will be more efficient so now seems a chance to change setups.

Rob

Back