• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wanted - Oval Keg Lid (cornelius Or Firestone)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fingerlickin_B

Mo Bitta, Mo Betta!
Reaction score
Like the topic says, I'm looking for an oval keg lid.

Let me know what you got folks :)

PZ.

go here mate they sell new and used spares. but you probably already know this .http://www.kegs.com/index.html

go to the sales and service side
del

delboy said:
go here mate they sell new and used spares. but you probably already know this .http://www.kegs.com/index.html

go to the sales and service side
del
[post="87257"][/post]​

Not sure why, but I can't find keg parts :huh:

PZ.

ok i belive it says contact us for all your repairs ect
will have a brows as i remember asking the same question ? come to think about it i emailed them .
hang about i will get on it now

del

It's cool man, I'm not sure I want to order from them (in the US) anyway...

BD's price of $9.50 is probably the best out there in the US, but shipping will totally f*ck that price up (shipping will cost more than the lid).

PZ.

okay fingers
just sent them another email they had lids on the link when i looked last time under kegging and boiler parts
it has gone but thats not to say they dont have them .
i will wait to hear back from them and let you know or you could email them your self .
either way i just did that .

del

best thing to do
ok they weigh 240 gramms USPS ECONOMY land/air should only cost you about 10 bucks au as they are second hand no customs .

i will check out fedx / usipp

del

ok just checked out the post US POSTALE ECCONOMY AIR Lid WEIGHS IN AT.
(weight is 8 1/2 ounces) will fit in a 9 1/2x12 1/2 inch post pack and will cost you 11 bucks US ( 14 bucks AU )and that is regular air would be here in 5 to 10 days :D

if they are going to charge more i would ask the question here <_<

del :beer:

I bought my replacement lid from Brewers Discount. Don't forget to buy a safety valve to fit. That then works out poor value when compared to their current 5 gal keg price of US$14, but the shipping is cheaper. Maybe buy a few of the cheap kegs and a spare lid at the same time.

pint of lager said:
Don't forget to buy a safety valve to fit.

Not needed...it's for a 50L fermenter...I already cut the hole using one of my "in service" lids as a template :)

pint of lager said:
Maybe buy a few of the cheap kegs and a spare lid at the same time.

I've already ordered 8...I wish I could afford more :chug:

Thanks guys, I'll probably just buy one from BD...I dunno...I'm drunk! :party:

PZ.

I got a spare plastic one and Im only a couple of hours up the road...

Back