• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wanted.. Old style "barrel shaped" beer keg.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyinhi

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am chasing an old school beer keg for a project, I dont care if it is dented up, dirty, stinking or whatever. I need the old style barrel shaped one though I'm not sure what the volume of them is, but I believe they are bigger than the standard 50L straight sided ones produced these days.

Thanks

BTW should have mentioned I'm in the Adelaide area ATM, but travel regularly to Geelong

Good luck, I'm sure everyone here is lined up waiting for one
They're 18 gallons
PS, I have one I'm using for a maxi-biab vessel :D

No idea what they are worth for a start, but I'm intending using it for a outoor fire drum project, so holes dents etc don't matter.

I have one but I'm nowhere near Adelaide or Geelong. Good luck with finding one. They can be hard to come by.

flyinhi said:
No idea what they are worth for a start, but I'm intending using it for a outoor fire drum project, so holes dents etc don't matter.
A stainless barrel from a washing machine might be a cheaper/easier to find idea
I'm currently pulling apart my old washing machine for this exact purpose
If your council does hard rubbish pickups, you might be able to pick one up that way
also check out any metal recyclers in the early morning/late evening, plenty of people dump washing machines and fridges there so they don't have to pay tip fees

They come around every 6 months or so. I'm using one for my HLT on my 3V, they are 18 gallon = 82L. I could get you one, they go for about $80, but the transport from here would kill you.

QldKev

Please don't use one of those collectors items for a fire drum :blink:

I've just talked the neighbour out of doing the exact same thing. Empty LPG Cylinders make the best portable ones (you can get these free from the tip, but fill with water to cut), but the best of all are made from truck brake drums. These can also be gotten for free or a few beers if you go to a truck brake shop...

This one i found at the tip and put on a car rim stand, it glows red once stoked up and people have to move back a few metres from it. Gets down well below freezing here in the winter and the girls sit around it in their socks.

keg80l1.jpg

Slightly :icon_offtopic: but I can't stop looking at your Avatar for some reason flyinhi :blink:

Please keep the posts coming for our viewing pleasure.

flyinhi said:
Just for you bats.....
Oh! Lordy! Please! I just cant concentrate on anything but your tits!!

BTW, I agree with Punkin - DON'T destroy a perfectly good keg as a fire-pit. Those drum-brake heaters are awesome!

Latest posts

Back