• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wanted - Millmaster Hopper

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Florian

Back On Track
Reaction score
The title says it.

I bought what seems like one of the last Mashmaster Millmaster mills a few month ago. Unfortunately there was no hopper available any more, and I have just confirmed with Francis from mashmaster that there are definately none left.

So I'm hoping that someone picked one up, but ended up building his own and doesn't need the original any more.

Happy to pay whatever is asked for + postage, within reason of course.

Cheers,
Florian

A hopper really is not difficult to build. I guess you are wanting one that looks pretty instead of being made out of MDF or a plastic water cooler bottle?

Surely a sheet metal/engineering weorks could fold one up for you quick smart and at a reasonable price?
I can scan and send you the schematic diagram of an american brand of mill's hopper if you want?

There may even be an AHB member nearby (you are in BABBS aren't you) that could build one for you?

The title says it.

I bought what seems like one of the last Mashmaster Millmaster mills a few month ago. Unfortunately there was no hopper available any more, and I have just confirmed with Francis from mashmaster that there are definately none left.

So I'm hoping that someone picked one up, but ended up building his own and doesn't need the original any more.

Happy to pay whatever is asked for + postage, within reason of course.

Cheers,
Florian
Give Ross & his team a call, Craftbrewer has sold off a batch of scratched & badly plated hoppers to make way for new stock, so you should be able to buy one soon.

http://www.craftbrewer.com.au/shop/details.asp?PID=1123

Cheers guys.
Ross is definately out of hoppers, I had checked with him first.

I was trying to get around building one myself, or at least only an extension to the base.
However, I had a look at various threads this morning and it really doesn't seem to hard to knock one together out of a couple of MDF and clear plastic pieces, so I might give it a go on the weekend.

Malted, cheers, I think I should be alright without those plans unless it's a really smart and easy one.

Still, if someone has one laying around with no use, I'll happily take it.

Don't need that Millmaster hopper any more, knocked a better one out on Saturday.

Works a treat, holds about 8kg of grain.
IMG_1930.jpg

IMG_1935.jpg

Bloody Hell!!! Nice work mate :icon_chickcheers:

Nicely done Florian! Given me some ideas for my MM2 hopper....!

Cheers

Cheers, pretty happy with it myself.

It looked even better before the first lot of grain went through and the perspex was still all new and shiny. Gotta find a way to clean it properly.

Now :icon_drool2: at one of those Dayton motors, but I really don't think I need one, it's seriously only 2 minutes of hand cranking per batch, love that mill.

Thanks to Florian for his inspiration I finally put together my Mashmaster Millmaster.

I got a little carried away with the hopper size!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Latest posts

Back