• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wanted Keg System (cornelius Type Preffered)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aussie Claret

Reaction score
First post, was just put onto the forum by a good friend.
I'm at the Gold coast and looking for a keg system with the lot, have been shopping around but wondered if anyone (for some strange reason) wanted to sell some gear).
I need the lot, kegs regulator, taps, hoses etc.

Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers
AC

pm me your e-mail address and i will send you my price list.
But due to freight - it would be best to source the kegs locally and i can supply you everything else at a good rate...

However, some of the guys will have some cheap taps for sale due to the ventmatic bulk buy.

Have a browse through the kegging forum, there have been some excellent posts about what you need and what each item is called.

If you can wait a while, buy 4 kegs from the US supplier, works out about $50 each landed, but it is going to take at least 8 weeks for these to arrive. Buy a second hand tap from the fellows upgrading due to the bulk buy of Ventmatic taps. Buy your reg and disconnects from GMK.

Otherwise, go to your local HBS, the going rate for a complete setup, including two kegs, tap, reg, disconnects for $420. This is for a new reg, tap and disconnects, the kegs should be reconditioned. Or, keep an eye on ebay or your local trading mag, sometimes complete setups including fridge come up.

Thank you all,
Have been quoted $450, guessing thats about the going rate, but if you here of anything cheaper; I'm intersted.
Thanks again
AC

This is what i charge for a single keg system:
Single tap Keg system 365.00
Includes dual gauge Harris CO2 reg, disconects x2, Beer & Gas line 3m & 2m , clamps, SS Splice, SS Grundy Free Flow tap with new SS Fridge extension and SS snap lock fitting (allows you to remove the Tap without having to disconecting the beer line) and one pepsi keg

But without the Pepsi Keg = 290.00 and instead of the grundy tap - you can have a ventmatic tap if you want it.

Hope this gives you a comparison/something to work to.

Thanks GMK, the price I was quoted included 2 keg system; if you can beat the price to GC; I might be interested.
Cheers
AC

u need to tell me everything they supply in the quote...

GMK

I'm thinking about getting myself a kegging setup. Probably three or four kegs and and a gun set up would suit me. Can you send me through your price list?

No worries Aaron,

Just PM me your e-mail address and i will send it to you.

i personally would not go for a beer gun set up - i have had numerous customers who have been sold one from HBS and get sick of always opening the fridge to get the gun to pour a beer.
They come to me to get a tap, fridge ext etc...

any reason for this quote> (cornelius Type Preffered)
I find of mine those are more fragile in that the steel isn't as thick as the other brands. I reckon it wouldn't be to hard to accidently put a whole in the side given enough beer and stupidity, whereas the firestone ones i reckon are built like cockroaches' and could stand up to anything and walk away.

Just adding my two millilitres worth.
Jayse

I will PM u too GMK for a price list but whats the go with the co2 bottles? My local HBS sells the AIR UP system for about $300 or $350 for the small bottle that should do 18 23 litre kegs. I also hear that u can rent them for BOC?

jayse said:
any reason for this quote> (cornelius Type Preffered)
I find of mine those are more fragile in that the steel isn't as thick as the other brands. I reckon it wouldn't be to hard to accidently put a whole in the side given enough beer and stupidity, whereas the firestone ones i reckon are built like cockroaches' and could stand up to anything and walk away.

Just adding my two millilitres worth.
Jayse
[post="79432"][/post]​
I agrree there Jayse, I have the Firestone kegs and think they are great. They have a much thicker wall on them and are built like a little tank.

Hoops
You're not a real brewer till you keg in firestones!

jayse said:
. I reckon it wouldn't be to hard to accidently put a whole in the side given enough beer and stupidity,

Jayse
[post="79432"][/post]​

And from a man of experience this is true Jayse.

They are not hard to repair with a bit a silver solder thankfully

Batz

Back