• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wanted: Homebrewing Books

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dipsal

Reaction score
Hiya folks,

I am interested in buying some used books about homebrewing. Books like "How to Brew" by Palmer and "The Complete Joy of homebrewing" by Papazian or any other generally interesting homebrewing books.

It is going to be a gift for someone who absolutely adores homebrewing. I can pay for the books and postage by bank deposit or paypal. I live in Sydney.

Thanks everyone!

I'm not too sure how much luck you will have finding second hand books but if you look up home brewing on the book depository you can get new books for a good price and free delivery.

I've got a copy of Designing Great Beers by Ray Daniels up for grabs for $20 (plus postage) if your interested.

Cheers
Sam

Hiya folks,

I am interested in buying some used books about homebrewing. Books like "How to Brew" by Palmer and "The Complete Joy of homebrewing" by Papazian or any other generally interesting homebrewing books.

It is going to be a gift for someone who absolutely adores homebrewing. I can pay for the books and postage by bank deposit or paypal. I live in Sydney.

Thanks everyone!

Book depository is your best bet. Damn good prices, advertised prices are as they stand - the postage is incorporated into the price (or the postage is free - whichever way you want to look at it).

I recommend buying from the book depository via the link at Melbourne Brewers (see below). Help an amateur brewing club build up their library. Yes I am affiliated, no I get no kickbakcs (aside from access to the books but I generally like owning stuff for myself). Doesn't cost you anything extra.

General link: http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/?a_aid=melbournebrewers

Brew specific links list: http://www.melbournebrewers.org/index.php?...&Itemid=101

Got a spare copy of John palmers how to brew. All yours for $10
Live on central coast but work in Sydney most days.
Pm me If your interested and you can try meet me somewhere One day

2nd hand books come up occationaly but not often. best to buy a couple of good ones.
link to wiki article on review of brewing books/material. read that so you dont potentially buy a dud book or one that doesnt suit your needs

No need for any other book, it's the bible!
Unless quality of the written word is important to you. I find Palmer's writing fairly insufferable (both definitions). Good as a reference if you already know what you're looking for.

For any Amazon Kindle people.

Cheap Randy Mosher $2.99: Tasting Beer: An Insider's Guide to the World's Greatest Drink
One of the reviewers said the graphs don't show on Kindle 1 & 2, however mines just done an automatic update that included better font & graph display capabilities & they look okay considering the size of the screen. It looks very good using Amazon's Cloud Reader in your web browser if you don't have a Kindle.

Cheap $2.51: CloneBrews 2nd Edition

Dated but free: A Treatease on the Brewing of Beer

Last edited by a moderator:
Back