• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wanted: Empty Yeast Vials

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paulielow

Reaction score
Howdy all, I can't drive at the moment so I need some vials so I can grow my own yeast so I don't have to wait for someone to drive to town (25km away) to get yeast from the LHBS. Anyone who can help out it would be much appreciated... Cheers

Why do you want yeast vials? If you're wanting to 'grow' your own yeast, I assume you're meaning that you want to start with a pack and brew a number of times with the one pack? Read about stepping up and dividing yeast starters.

Or do you mean that you want the vials to store the yeast after you've stepped up?

I've got a few spare. Bought them from BribieG and didn't realise how much he'd sent me. You'll need to steralise them though, probably with a pressure cooker.

Bowie

Why do you want yeast vials? If you're wanting to 'grow' your own yeast, I assume you're meaning that you want to start with a pack and brew a number of times with the one pack? Read about stepping up and dividing yeast starters.

Or do you mean that you want the vials to store the yeast after you've stepped up?

I want the vials for storage of the yeast....

I've got a few spare. Bought them from BribieG and didn't realise how much he'd sent me. You'll need to steralise them though, probably with a pressure cooker.

Bowie

That would be awesome how much do you want for them?

Sorted with your details, send you a dozen tomorrow.

Best of luck,
Bowie

I'm also after some as well, anyone in sydney have 10-30 spare for a few brews? not really fussed on the specifics just something to store some different yeasts in the fridge without taking the space of a whole stubby.

If not I'll happpily pay a fair price and postage for someone to post some.

Thanks

Tony posted a link in his thread the other day where you can buy them brand new; $16 for 50 inc postage.

Sorry I'm new what thread would that be? Just incase I need more later I don't want to be bugging other members for them..

Latest posts

Back