• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

wanted: commercial fridge brisbane

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkBastard

Reaction score
Im after a decent size commercial fridge second hand. Would ideally fit at least six kegs on the floor with room up top for bottles. Will be drilling through back for taps so cant have external cooling lines.

Would accept a large non commercial fridge maybe.

Looks dont really matter.

welcome back, mate!

I'm fairly sure that someone was just offering one in Brisbane not long ago.

have a look through the marketplace threads of the past 3 weeks or so. am on phone so won't bother myself.

Cheers Florian. I had a look but couldn't find the thread. I may just check out gumtree.

Mark, I could put you in contact with someone who is trying to get rid of a commercial fridge, but it's quite large, at a guess 2m wide and sort of chest high, two levels and 6 doors, all SS.
price is 2K ONO from memory, it's a solid unit, but probably negotiable.

Not sure what your budget is.

was meant to have pics and measurements by now but the email didn't come through yet.

Its tempting mate but probably overkill for what Im doing unfortunately! Im going to make a tiplers tap style setup with the commercial fridge on the other side of the wall to the taps.

No worries, Mark.

The email came through just then so I'll put the pick up anyway. I'm sure you could negotiate a good chunk off that price, but obviously no point if you don't need a fridge that size.

Fridge image.jpg

Damm you Florian, now I want that :(.

You know what Perry, it's only 3 or so km away from you, up in Arana Hills. You could just roll it down the hill, sort of.

How good would that look behind the bar Perry? :p

Mate I might be able to help you out shortly with a 2 door bottom mount compressor commercial fridge. I'm selling mine to upgrade to a coldroom type setup. I have recently replaced the old analogue thermostat with a digital unit. The only thing with it is the cooling fans run continuously which a sparky can rewire so they only come on when the compressor comes on, and the probe needs to be mounted better, its just sitting on the bottom at the moment. It gets down nice and cold as I was crash chilling in it before kegging as well as storing kegs cold. I still have all the shelves too. How much & how soon I'm still considering, but will be over the next week or so I will decide. Let me know if that is of interest and you're welcome to come and have a look. Cheers.

That is an absolute work of art Florian but alas it is very overkill. If there is any chance of individual temp control on each of the six compartments it would be perfect as a flexible fermenting and serving fridge for someone! Def put up more info. Id maybe be tempted if there was individual control, I just dont want to power something that big 24/7.

And Sully def let me know. People on gumtree so far have been time wasters.

Mark your pms aren't working.

I think it's only one big compartment from memory, but I'll probably be at the warehouse where it's being stored later today anyway and will take some pics and try to get some more info on age etc.

Im all sorted fellas. Just got a full stainless coldroom style fridge that fits 9 kegs on the floor and has room for 9 half kegs on top if I ever need to!

Mark^******* said:
Im all sorted fellas. Just got a full stainless coldroom style fridge that fits 9 kegs on the floor and has room for 9 half kegs on top if I ever need to!
Wow, that sounds... :icon_drool2: . Can't wait to see pics (hint hint ;) )!

Back