• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wanted: Chest Freezer Or Converter Chest (vic)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kman

Reaction score
ok, so ive been brewing for a few months now, and duw to the fact i (as im sure many other do) hate bottling, im looking at getting a keg system going.

Im looking to get a chest freezer and converting it, or ideally getting an already converted chest freezer.

Im in geelong but would be willing to get a ute or something and travel pretty much anywhere in vic to get one if some one is looking to sell.

Also looking for the kegging equiptment and anything else i might need to get this up and running.

ps

i was looking to do something like the bar at the country brewers (although i have never been there or seem it myself) heres a pic of what i mean.

beerfridge1.jpg

thanks

also if anyone maybe in geelong or melbourne with alittle experience could help me set this all up when its completed that would be great, and im sure i could hook you up with some free brews and travel money.

kman

kman,

Your best bet maybe to try keeping an eye on the Trading Post. That is how I finally got mine.
Went to a few auctions too like Grays but you tend to get second hand dealers there buying them all up.

Good luck,
Doc

yeah, i know, but i thought i just try here first anyway

kman,

Try Dave at Hop to it. He is selling a ready to go set up. Its a new Fysher and paykel(?) chest freezer already converted(thermostat),piped and tapped with a dual font. Around the $1500 mark. The freezer will hold about 3 kegs(Maybe four) only.
His number is 02 9666 3661. I reckon the postage will kill you though. <_<

$1500 is a little more then i wanna pay right now in one lump sum. Ill keep my eyes on the classifieds and second hand stores i think

ps, anyone know where i can get some grolsch bottles?

went to a second hand store today, and i didnt see any, but i asked the dude and he said there was one out the back they were holding for someone else. I ask if i could check it out, and it is pretty small (maybe fit 3 kegs and some bottle or glasses or something) and i asked what they were charging. He told me i could have it for $150, but i haggled him down to $100.

So i picked it up about an hour later.

Pretty happy with that.

Anyone know where i can get a bar top like the one in the picture made up?

Or where i can get a thremoststat (sorry, i cant spell good)

Latest posts

Back