• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wanted: Beer Bottles

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg.L

Reaction score
I need to bottle 500L of cider but I can't find suppliers for new bottles, except cospack and plasdene which are both pretty expensive around 65c/bottle.(650ml)
Just wondered if anyone knows a cheaper supplier of bottles.

Greg

I need to bottle 500L of cider but I can't find suppliers for new bottles, except cospack and plasdene which are both pretty expensive around 65c/bottle.(650ml)

Greg
there was an open thread a few months ago that listed a few suppliers ....
have you tried the search function???

there was an open thread a few months ago that listed a few suppliers ....
have you tried the search function???

Hmmm. Bottles get mentioned fairly often on AHB. Any ideas what I should search for?

Greg
Recycle, Man!

Go to your local tip/transfer station, and you'll find thousands.

O-I are distributed by plasdene, so I can't see tham being any cheaper.

OK, the tip about O-I was a good one, plasdene sell a 750ml softdrink/cider bottle $462 for a pallet of 1020 screwtop glass bottles. I have put crownseals on screwtops before so that should be OK. 46c each is way cheaper than other options but I hadn't thought of looking at softdrink bottles.

plasdene cider bottle

That bottle that is shown in the link does not look like it will take a beer bottle cap that you would normally use you will have to buy the closures recommended by the supplier.

That bottle that is shown in the link does not look like it will take a beer bottle cap that you would normally use you will have to buy the closures recommended by the supplier.

They sell a plastic screw-on cap but I don't like the idea of a plastic cap for long term storage maybe 2+years, might let in too much oxygen. I think it will take a crown cap but they are sending me a sample so I can test it.

The bottle looks like a Stones Ginger Beer bottle. Just buy one from Coles and see if you can get a cap on it.

Latest posts

Back