• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wanted: 80 Litre Pot, Bayside Melbourne

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peaky

Beer God
Reaction score
Hi all. Just putting it out there that I'm after an 80 litre kettle. Aluminium would probably suit my current budget. My attempt to boil 45 litres in a 50 litre keggle last night did not go as planned.....
And I'm looking to scale up anyway.

If you have one or know of someone who has a pot they are looking to get rid of, I could be your buyer.

Cheers.

y
Hi all. Just putting it out there that I'm after an 80 litre kettle. Aluminium would probably suit my current budget. My attempt to boil 45 litres in a 50 litre keggle last night did not go as planned.....

If you have one or know of someone who has a pot they are looking to get rid of, I could be your buyer.

Cheers.

It can be done... My preboil is 46.4lt in a 50lt keggle. Rarely have a boilover if i keep a close eye on it once it gets close. Having said that, the sound of triple batches does sound very enticing!

It can be done... My preboil is 46.4lt in a 50lt keggle. Rarely have a boilover if i keep a close eye on it once it gets close. Having said that, the sound of triple batches does sound very enticing!

Yeah, my boil overs weren't real bad, I'm just not used to having to watch it as my normal boil volume is 34 litres. Should've kept a closer eye on it :rolleyes:

I'm looking to scale up to bigger batches anyway with boil volume of about 55 to 60 litres, maybe more. Hence the need for a bigger kettle.

if your having trouble finding one i could recommend a walk around springvale. you'd be surprised what you'll find in those shops for quite cheap. good luck

-Phill

Cheers.

If you were looking into triple batches I would go for a 90L pot minimum.

My 98L often gets filled to the 75/80L mark for triple batches.

With an 80L pot you will be watching it like a hawk for boil overs - exactly the same spot your in now.

Edit:spielling

if your having trouble finding one i could recommend a walk around springvale. you'd be surprised what you'll find in those shops for quite cheap. good luck

-Phill

Cheers, I'll check Springvale out. Could be worth a wander around.

If you were looking into triple batches I would go for a 90L pot minimum.

My 98L often gets filled to the 75/80L mark for triple batches.

With an 80L pot you will be watching it like a hawk for boil overs - exactly the same spot your in now.

Edit:spielling

More just looking to do double batches really. 60 litre boil volume should work well in an 80 litre pot.

You will find something mate...

Cough!

\/
\/
\/
\/
\/

Yes, I've seen your rig for sale Cocko. Pretty neat 3 tier set-up. I would have to move all the furniture out of my 2 bedroom unit to fit the ******* in though.

Not sure that kettle would even fit through my front door.... :eek:

Yes, I've seen your rig for sale Cocko. Pretty neat 3 tier set-up. I would have to move all the furniture out of my 2 bedroom unit to fit the ******* in though.

Not sure that kettle would even fit through my front door.... :eek:

HAHA, sorry to bang about it.. :rolleyes:

OT, I would agree anything less the about than about 85+ L would be a juggle of heating to control boil overs... for triples..

Go 98L stainless robinox and you are sorted for your brewing life. Done.

Or buy mine! :p

I've still got the SS pot I was trying to sell a while ago: http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...c=57147&hl=
It should be about 80L and likely to be similar to the stuff you'll find in Springvale.

Back