• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wanted: 750ml Crown Seal Bottles

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattzilla

Reaction score
Hi guys

i'm after some 750ml crown seal bottles

i'm in Caringbah, Sydney

cheers
matt

0422 966 020

not sure if this is helpful or not, but i read somewhere (charlie papazian's the complete joy of homebrewing?) that most champagne bottles take crown seals ... i've never tried, but i imagine they shouldn't be too hard to come by, you could ask at your nearest pub/hotel/reception center?

or you could just drink lots of coopers tallies?! :icon_cheers:

Hey Matt, i am in Heathcote and have about 4-5 milk crates full of VB/OLD/NEW 750/800ml bottles you can have.

I have just bought a keg system so wont need so many of them anymore.

Dean

Hey Matt, i am in Heathcote and have about 4-5 milk crates full of VB/OLD/NEW 750/800ml bottles you can have.

I have just bought a keg system so wont need so many of them anymore.

Dean

Hi Dean

that's very generous of you mate

may i ask if they are crown seals?

Thanks, will be in touch. Can you PM me your contact details please?

Matt

not sure if this is helpful or not, but i read somewhere (charlie papazian's the complete joy of homebrewing?) that most champagne bottles take crown seals ... i've never tried, but i imagine they shouldn't be too hard to come by, you could ask at your nearest pub/hotel/reception center?

or you could just drink lots of coopers tallies?! :icon_cheers:

Champagne bottles take a type of crown seal. I don't remember the French term for it, but it's larger than a normal crown seal (from memory). They are also thicker, and with stronger seals. This is to take into account the pressure. Before a champagne is placed under cork, most bottle fermented products have crown seals on them to age on lees, settle etc. Then for numerous reasons, mostly additions of base wine, carbonation etc they are opened back up, completed then sealed with a cork.

Sure you could get countless, free, champagne bottles from the back of BYO joints most nights.

Hi Dean

that's very generous of you mate

may i ask if they are crown seals?

Thanks, will be in touch. Can you PM me your contact details please?

Matt

They aren't proper crown seals as in coopers bottles but you can still use caps on them, i have been using some of the other ones here for years and no problems.

Dean

I'm going to politely decline your offer. My mate just called and said he has 60 crown seal longies for me, which is all i need right now

Thanks very much for your kind offer though

cheers mate

Matt

Back