• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wanted: 6gal Keg/11l Keg

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burchman82

Reaction score
Wanted:
3 gal/11L party keg!! i cant seem to find anywhere to get one! I live in Townsville, and will pay postage etc.

Let me know if anyone has a spare or knows where i can find one!

Cheers
Burch

EDIT: 3 gal, whoops... my head isnt right.

Do you mean 3 gallon?

5 gallon is almost 19L

Ebay has 2 x 3 gallon kegs at the moment, i think its from a bloke in Qld.

Search "keg" on ebay.com.au

Yeah sorry, 3Gal keg.... stupid work sapping my brain matter.
or is that the beer?

oh well.

Have checked the 'bay. seems pretty cool, what price should i be expecting to pay?

Burchman82 said:
Have checked the 'bay. seems pretty cool, what price should i be expecting to pay?
[post="85737"][/post]​

Depends on the people that are bidding and what they are prepared to pay.
I've bought two on Ebay. From memory, one was $90 and the other was $110.
They don't come along that often these days so I reckon you'd be lucky to get them for under $100.
If I was bidding and really wanted one I'd be prepared to pay $150. I don't need another one though.

yeah ive just got one as a buy-now item for 145... im pretty desperate for one. and this was the only place ive seen them. the dude even said that he hasnt seen any in ages and suspects hes one of the last to stock them. hence the high price i guess...

the 3gal kegs always go for much more than the 5gal due to the small number available.
Tom Hargraves sells brand new ones on ebay.

Have you tried ringing Craig Deacon of Kegging Systems in Sydney a ring? He may have some.

Do keep checking the Brewers Discount site. They may come across another source of second hand ones in the future.

pint of lager said:
Do keep checking the Brewers Discount site. They may come across another source of second hand ones in the future.
[post="85940"][/post]​
I agree with POL. I suggest it would be even better if you spend a few dollars and ring Terry at Brewers Discount to see if he has any 3 galls lying around, and the likelihood of anymore becoming available.

cheers
roach

I just got an email from Terry at BD saying "no more 3 gal"

at this stage anyways

what a bummer.
at least i got one organised. i managed to get a hold of some 33gm co2 bulbs.. (yes 33, not 32) i dunno if it'll fit the little gadget but. probably wont, but the price was right :)

all the catering places i rang about the bulbs seem to sell the 8gm ones... are they ok to use? or they run out too quick?

Burchman82 said:
all the catering places i rang about the bulbs seem to sell the 8gm ones... are they ok to use? or they run out too quick?
[post="85967"][/post]​
8gm. CO2 is about 4 litres of gas so in theory you will need 5X8=40 gm. gas. In practice, I would get away with four of them if I sugar carbonated the keg and knocked at least the last half off in one session. I guess some of the dissolved CO2 did some work. The problem is if you only have a few litres left sitting in the keg the beer will lose gas unless you maintain head pressure. If you have 15litre of head space to hold at 100kpa., you will have 30litre or 15 gm. of gas sitting there.
Christmas is coming, set yourself up with at least a sodastream setup. A couple of hundred bucks will get you close. How many sparklet bulbs will that buy you?

um, this isnt for a 19L keg Tony... dont know if you read the earlier posts. its just for a 3gal keg. i already have a soda-stream setup for my 19L.

Speaking of the soda-stream setup. do you guys use a regulator on them also? im getting sick of disconnecting my main regulator off my big cyl. are there smaller size regs avail?

cripes, I musta just got the last of em cause my 4 x 3gal turned up yesterday. :D

I've got 6 of the buggers !

All the really good ones before the race track lids type of the last year or so.

4 of them still in the box they came in !

Batz

Back