• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wanted: 2nd Hand Grain Mill

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mosto

Reaction score
Hi all,

Looking for a small 2nd hand grain mill to grind small amounts of grain for kits and bits. Maybe someone is upgrading and want to get rid of their existing mill.

Cheers,

Mosto

If you can't find a second hand mill, the Marga mill is good for around $140 and they last forever if you are doing smaller batches and use the hand crank.

I gave my spare one away a couple of weeks ago :(

Edit: Nick JD uses a coffee mill, AFAIK, for full sized batches. He may be able to offer some advice, I see they are generally around the $40 mark at Target and quite often pop up at Aldi a lot cheaper.

Blending/grinding grain will be fine if you contain it in a grain bag, ie Swiss voile. For small steeping grain or biab a blender or grinder with a bag is the cheapest way to go.

$15 pasta maker from target etc and knurl the rollers with a drill but running it across them
then use the drill to power it :)

i made one and used it to get into BIABing

google pasta maker grain mill

I have a Sunbeam one sitting at home. Do the pricier ones last longer with sustained use?

Think it's this one:
http://www.sunbeam.com.au/products/kitchen/em0450/

I wouldn't mind trying it, but would hate to bust it grinding some grain when it works for fresh coffee on occasion.

Cheers,

Brad
I have a Breville conical burr grinder and have used it, as recommended by Jamil, for a small quantity of black malt for a dry stout.
A fine grind was required for that beer.

*The main thing to remember is not to exceed the maximum operation/grind time, which for mine is 2 minutes continuous operation. Then allow the machine to rest for 5 or so before re-using.

Remember to clean the grinder before you make coffee again.

My grinder was still working months later. Have fun!!!

Back