• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Want To Borrow Picnic Taps & Disconnects

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrumpyPaul

Reaction score
I am brewing 5 (maybe 6) kegs for my sons engagement. The plan its to sit then all in a big tub of ice with picnic taps on each one to pour from.

I know picnic taps are relatively cheap at $8 from CB, by the time I add disconnect and multiply it by 5 it will add up to a fair bit for a one night solution.

Are there any kind brewers in Melbourne (east) that could loan me picnic taps and/or disconnects in early July.

any other ideas on how to set up a multi keg system for a one off event are welcome.

Do they all need to be served at once? Maybe 2 at a time and you only need to buy 2 taps and disconnects.

Do they all need to be served at once? Maybe 2 at a time and you only need to buy 2 taps and disconnects.

Ideally I want to serve them all at once, because we will have 5 different beers. In particular the dark ale and porter might not appeal to everyone. So we want to have the "easy drinker brews" there for the swill drinkers while still having the specials there for those that appreciate them.

Or if you're doing 5 different styles, label the kegs and have 2 picnic taps to swap around between kegs
i'm sure a tiny bit of the previous beer won't matter to anyone

Ideally I want to serve them all at once, because we will have 5 different beers. In particular the dark ale and porter might not appeal to everyone. So we want to have the "easy drinker brews" there for the swill drinkers while still having the specials there for those that appreciate them.

Ahh k fair enough you have to do your best to please the masses :)

I have a quad and double font and taps you can borrow from now (they'll need a good clean) that way you just need a bit of wood to drill holes in to mount them, I have no spare disconnects though.

I possibly have the freezer lid if you wanted that to mount, let me know

Latest posts

Back