Wander And Draught

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnno

It's YUMMY
Reaction score
:unsure:
Hi there

I still very new at this and was wondering if anyone can tell me if they have used the Wander brand and what its like. Basically i just picked up some yeast they sell in the supermarket to have as backup in case anything ever goes wrong with the yeast that comes with the kits.
Also what is draught like?? Do u ferment this at ale temperatures or lager temperatures. Is there much of a difference in taste.
I was thinking of trying one of the el cheapo kits you can get at the supermarket.

Wander use an ale yeast in their kits. They recommend fermenting at 18-28C. However, try to keep it in between 18-21. If you ferment warmer, there will be a lot of "esters" produced which will result in very fruity beer.

They call it "draught" but you'll basically be making a pale ale. The ale yeast will give it a fruitier, more complex flavour than your average lager.

Johnno,

If I were you I'd be spending that little bit extra and getting a SAFALE, SAFLAGER or SAFWHEAT (depending on what you're brewing).

I know nothing beats liquid, but they're expensive. Saf are quite cheap and make a noticeable difference. My Dunzelweizen with SAFWHEAT is one of my best ever.

I agree with Wasabi here. What I do with the yeast under the lid of kits is put them in the boil. Kook gave me the idea. Basically, the dead yeast is good yeast nutrient for a decent yeast like the Saf's, White Labs and Wyeasts.

Yep, I'm another on the Saf bandwagon. Easy to get, easy to use, relatively cheap and best of all it is a VERY simple change that will make a huge difference to your brews.

Shawn.

Latest posts

Back