WA English Ale Fest, Interested ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
krausenhaus said:
kixbooty and I would normally be in attendance but Nev is discriminating against us for only being able to brew beers with hops beginning with 'C'.

We could try, but "malty" is considered an off-flavour around here so I doubt we'd be able to tell whether it's any good or not. May come to mingle though!
My IPA has some C in it .

Gryphon Brewing said:
My IPA has some C in it .
Crystal malt??

Actually the IPA we had at yours last time was tops, so I'm probably exaggerating a bit about the aversion to English ales.

Brewery is actually in a bit of downtime because the temp controller shat itself and I'm gonna take the opportunity to fix everything else on it that's buggered. Those water filters come in yet? ( :icon_offtopic: )

krausenhaus said:
Crystal malt??

Actually the IPA we had at yours last time was tops, so I'm probably exaggerating a bit about the aversion to English ales.

Brewery is actually in a bit of downtime because the temp controller shat itself and I'm gonna take the opportunity to fix everything else on it that's buggered. Those water filters come in yet? ( :icon_offtopic: )
RO , yes but havent had time to do squat, going to put them out as a DIY kit.
Nev

Drew9242 said:
She is on the forum but for the life of me I can't remember her user name.
:O unbelievable drew! we're even facebook friends.

jyo said:
I think her nic on here is "kixbooty". She's a top chick and it's great to see more girls getting involved. The Perth guys will make you feel welcome.
thanks jyo, you're a top chick too!

Nev, I'd say we will definitely be there.

I am into the idea of attending, if only to heckle Jyo, but it will come down to whether I have to work.

The chance of me brewing something English is pretty slim. Perhaps I could brew something though.

Gday Nev . I would love to go but once again I will be at work.Im sure you must have my roster somewhere so you organise around me. :unsure:

Cheers
Dave

big d said:
Gday Nev . I would love to go but once again I will be at work.Im sure you must have my roster somewhere so you organise around me. :unsure:

Cheers
Dave
Yes its possible with some notice, next one I will consult you first.
Nev

kixbooty said:
:O unbelievable drew! we're even facebook friends.
Yea I know pretty bad. I did remember your name just not you username. I'm useless at remembering names, lucky I can actually remember yours.

I might be keen! Keep us informed - I'll have a brown porter ready in about 2 weeks so if I bottles some it should line up nicely

Does an Irish red ale count as UK? If so, count me in.

Hoping to have a Baltic Porter ready & somewhere near matured enough in time, but pushing my luck after blowing 2 elements last brew day & having to source new ones.

Clinton

Close enough I reckon but don't come complaining when the IRA bomb your brewery.

Looks like I'll try and bring a few bottles of a Dry Stout.

dent said:
Close enough I reckon but don't come complaining when the IRA bomb your brewery.
Don't know about the IRA, but there is a distinct possibility that someone will have a bottle bomb or at least a gusher. On that note is there any stipulation regarding bottles? Do they have to be PET or is glass Ok?

Guess I could avoid the hassle and take a keg along, will we have access to your keg fridge again Zigg?

Yeah I'll bring it along. I'll use up one tap so there will be three left at least.

Back