Wa Beer Week 2005

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asher

Junctyard Brewing
Reaction score
Hi guys...

I was down at the OSB (Old Swan Brewery) Chatting to Hugh (The brewer there. A good bloke Has a Rauchbier on tap ATM!) on the weekend. He mentioned WA Beer week was back on this year after last years was canceled due to John Stallwoods (Nail Ale Brewer) accident. He wasnt sure if the opening on Thursday was for the public though. I emailed Clancys and had it confirmed that it was.

Hi Asher,
We are holding the opening down here this coming Thursday the 3rd of March. Kick off time is 8pm and you are more than welcome...
See you here.
Cheers n' beers,
Jane Dickson, Clancy's

I went to the opening at Clancys Freo in 2003 with Trash-Mash-Al. It was a fun night rubbing shoulders with most of the Pro Brewers in WA. Got to meet one of the Rogers from Little Creatures, the guys from Bug Ocean were there with a keg of their now famous Alt. ECU Brewing had a keg of pilsner there as well (diacetyl problems from memory ;))

Also just received another email from Greg Lemin (Duckstein Brewer) through the WestCoast brewers with a few more details

> Launch
> Thursday March 3rd.
> 7:00 PM
> Clancys Fish Pub
> 21 Cantonment Street Fremantle
> The Honourable Jim McGinty MLA will be opening the Week on the night

> Beer Dinner
> Thursday March 10th.
> 7:00 PM
> Old Swan Brewery
> 173 Mounts Bay Road Perth
> Hosted by Master Brewer Hugh Dunn
> Tickets $80.00 each (or $75.00 for Brewmaster Club Members and for groups
> of 8 or more)
> Includes;
> Canapes on arrival
> Gourmet 3 course meal
> Australian Cheese Plate
> Selection of WA Wines
> Selection of beers to complement each course
> Door Prizes
> Bookings contact Sage on 9211 8901 or email
[email protected]
> Limited tickets
>
> Beer Dinner
> I have only early information at present
> Preliminary info says Sunday March 12th.
> So not sure if it is on Saturday or Sunday at present
> Moondynes Joes pub in Fremantle (somewhere)
> No info on cost or menu etc. yet
>
> Further details for Launch night and Dinner at Moondynes from Jenni
> Stallwood (sister of John at Nail Ale) secretary for West Australian
> Brewers Association on
> [email protected]
> [email protected]
> Mobile: 0412 299 159
>
> Or contact me to possibly arrange groups
>
> Cheers, Greg

I'll be headding down Thursday night.
Asher for now

Sounds like a good night - I'll be there (if I can get a pass)

Well Popped my head in to the opening of WA Beer Week last night down at Clancy's Freo..... You missed a ripper Goat (everyone!)... I Rolled out after 3 hours of FREE beer...

The following beers were flowing freely all night:
- Little Creatures - Pale Ale
- Wicked Ale brewery - Citrus Pale
- Old Swan Brewery - Porter
- Duckstein - Red Lager
- Colonial Brewing Company - Spruikers Challenge - Kolsch
- Bootleg Brewery - Wills Pills
- Feral Brewing - Belgian Wit
- Bug Ocean Brewery - Alt Bier

Some notes from the evening. (don't quote me on any of this....)

John Stallwood spoke about the future of WA Microbrewerys and bigger things to come foe WA Beer week. The plan for future beer weeks is to have a proper beer festival on the Esplanade with tents etc. Soon WA will have 17 Micro Breweries. Another German brewery is opening up just 1km down the road from the Duckstein. With another 3 in the planning stages for the Swan Valley. Margaret river will not only be for the wine buffs soon as quite a few wineries are teaming up with new micro's planned for the region ( ~7 all up including those already established). Cowaramup brewery is next off the rank, opening late this year. Pemberton has one pencilled in too! Duckstein has purchased a second hand brewery (currently in storage) and will be building a pub/restaurant in Margaret River. moving most of their production down there & shipping some of the final product back to the Swan Valley Pub.

All is good... apart from my head :party:

Asher for now :beerbang:

How are the Feral brews? They had a feature on their micro last night on Getaway.

EDIT:
Transcript found here

bugger....

It was a choice between that and going to the inlaws to fix the email on their PC. SWBO won that arguement. But it got worse: it turned out that you CAN'T use Internet Explorer to read your email !!!!! you have to use Outlook Express and it was working perfectly well, they had just forgotten that minor detail of using the right program to do what you want (grrrr)

That's just criminal Goat. I hope you dropped into bunnings on the way home for a tarp, shovel and a bag of quick lime, then took a quick detour through a pine plantation.

I have heard rumours of the existence of WA Beer week, and then after its all over, heard the glowing reports.
Do you have to be a Freemason to find out about it?
:(

Just checked out the Feral web site via the Getaway link Duff posted above.

Micro brewed beers and a childrens playground. Sounds like heaven !!!! Problem is it's 3500kms away !!!!

Just a tad jealous !!

Latest posts

Back