Wa Aka Sandgropers Xmas Case Swap 2011

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keifer33

Reaction score
Well it would appear James thread has been lost in the millions of topics on here and isnt really in the right spot. So its time to get a proper thread up and running and thinking about organising this bad boy as its almost October :unsure: .

So lets start discussing possible locations and dates etc. O and get 24 like minded people to swap some HB.

Location: Yet to be determined but if its looking grim maybe we could organise a local hall that doesnt mind people drinking beer and BBQing stuff or some other alternative.

Date: 3-4 December or 10-11 December? The weekend before has the WCB Xmas Party so wont suit the majority of swappers and any later its a bit close to XMas.

Food: Obviously pending the location but some sort of BBQ and snacks will do the trick. Will start a list of what people can bring when we get more of an idea of how things will work.

Running List:

1. Jimboley
2. keifer33
3. cdbrown
4. sinkas?
5. Bizier
6. malt_shovel
7. spoonta
8. Evil G ?
9. jyo
10. Mikey - even if i cant make it am keen to do a swap

Running List:

1. Jimboley
2. keifer33
3. cdbrown
4. sinkas?
5. Bizier
6. malt_shovel
7. spoonta
8. Evil G ?
9. jyo

Good Thinking keifer!!!
HEY ALL - If we can manage another 5 people for the swap we'll have a carton of 15 PET bottles.

On years gone by people would be turned away from the swap because there was too many entrants....
What goin on this year?

The xmas case swap beers i had last year were fantastic & unique.
Get involved people, let's keep up the tradition!

I am not sure what the problem is, but maybe, to quote nobody inparticular, " the psychological moment has passed"
It is a pity, and I tried to maintain the tradition last year, but it just didnt really feel right.
I think also the quality of the beers has declined in the last couple of years, mainly due to time constraints
many of the old guard have now got kids, wives, and have taken up cycling..

Jump on board guys and keep this going. I can't get involved this year as my brewing has been shut down for the last 6 months and it will still be a month or 2 min before I get going again.

Hopefully will be in a position to host next years.

yup i wont be in town for those weekends but will surely find a way to swap some booze with u guys

Haha. I haven't logged on here in months and was just thinking about the case swap. I thought I would have missed it by a long shot.
Put me down please :)
I think 15 is a pretty good number if you can't go the whole hog. Anything is better than nothing really.

1. Jimboley
2. keifer33
3. cdbrown
4. sinkas?
5. Bizier
6. malt_shovel
7. spoonta
8. Evil G ?
9. jyo
11. biggo
12. NME

15 might be dooable but we have a couple of question marks in there so would be good if we can get confirmations

Confirm or miss out people!

I'm botting up this weekend,

It's a freakin awesome dry stout. It's so damm good I dont know why I'm giving it away?....
Oh yeah Xmas cheer and all that stuff :lol:

Hey how much beer do you put in, one bottle for every name? Does it have to be PET?
Sounds great so good luck getting your list up.

Also i'll have to drop into one of the WCB meets one month if random brewers are welcome?

im guessing pet/longneck but how many people are willing to part with their longnecks :p

They need to be PET, mate. That way if there is an over priming or infection issue (which there won't be), no-one wears any glass :icon_cheers:

Are we going ahead with this, guys? Lets do a definite confirmation list. I want to get mine on the burner ASAP and I'm sure we all don't want to be drinking 1 week old rushed hefeweizens :D

Confirmation list-

1. Jimboley- confirmed, rad dry stout.
2. keifer33 confirmed (probably a comp winning APA :icon_cheers: )
3. cdbrown
4. sinkas?
5. Bizier
6. malt_shovel
7. spoonta
8. Evil G ?
9. jyo- confirmed- soft blonde or pumpkin ale.
11. biggo
12. NME

Do you guys have any issues if I fill my bottles from a keg? Will be an american brown ale. With my mill currently out of action along with the herms and the mrs about to drop any day soon I'm not sure I'll be able to get a beer on in time.

Do you guys have any issues if I fill my bottles from a keg? Will be an american brown ale. With my mill currently out of action along with the herms and the mrs about to drop any day soon I'm not sure I'll be able to get a beer on in time.

Ive got a PET bottle filler and am only down the road so im sure we can sort something out. Its dead simple to use if youve got a gas manifold, if you dont drop round and we can fill em.

hrm, I totally want in on this but am having time issues, I still have two empty kegs and i need to fill them for a friends wedding before I could brew for this.

When would be the D-day for confirming our involvement?

Ive got a PET bottle filler and am only down the road so im sure we can sort something out. Its dead simple to use if youve got a gas manifold, if you dont drop round and we can fill em.
Excellent - I have a 6-way gas manifold (to suit 8 kegs). James has tasted this brew and I didn't see him spit it back out so it must be drinkable.

Confirmation list-

2. keifer33 - confirmed (probably a comp winning APA icon_cheers.gif )
3. cdbrown - confirmed yank brown ale 5.9% or yank pale ale 5.1%
4. sinkas?
5. Bizier
6. malt_shovel
7. spoonta
8. Evil G ?
11. biggo
12. NME

If we do the 15 bottles and get less people, can just divide up the left overs anyway.

Confirmation list-

4. sinkas?
5. Bizier
6. malt_shovel - confirmed, APA from fathers day brew in PET now unless i get something else done beforehand
7. spoonta
8. Evil G ?
11. biggo
12. NME

If we do the 15 bottles and get less people, can just divide up the left overs anyway.

Any suggestions on dates?

Confirmation list-

4. sinkas?
5. Bizier
6. malt_shovel - confirmed, APA from fathers day brew in PET now unless i get something else done beforehand
7. spoonta
8. Evil G ?
10. Mikey - even if i cant make it am keen to do a swap - confirmed either pilsner or belgium blonde
11. biggo
12. NME

fermenting fridge(s) full of bucks night beers for a mate will have room to brew next week :p

Back