Vroom Bistro + Bar James St In The Valley

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kingbrownbrewing

Reaction score
In my travels yesterday I stopped to get a coffee at a small cafe-looking place in James St in the Valley, and I was amazed at their beer list.

Some good quality crafts on there, plus they do $5 stubbies on a friday afternoon (Which is basically giving them away).

I had a quick chat to the owner, who it turns out is a massive craft beer fan and ended up talking to me for about 45 minutes about what he plans for the place. He also wants to extend his list further, which I happily offered to help him with.

If anyone is down that way, check it out, especially on a friday afternoon.

It's not a craft beer bar, but he has more on his list than some that claim they are.

Great to see the whole craft beer movement gaining momentum in Brissy.

If you are in there, look for Greg; great bloke and loves a chat.

In my travels yesterday I stopped to get a coffee at a small cafe-looking place in James St in the Valley, and I was amazed at their beer list.

Some good quality crafts on there, plus they do $5 stubbies on a friday afternoon (Which is basically giving them away).

I had a quick chat to the owner, who it turns out is a massive craft beer fan and ended up talking to me for about 45 minutes about what he plans for the place. He also wants to extend his list further, which I happily offered to help him with.

If anyone is down that way, check it out, especially on a friday afternoon.

It's not a craft beer bar, but he has more on his list than some that claim they are.

Great to see the whole craft beer movement gaining momentum in Brissy.

If you are in there, look for Greg; great bloke and loves a chat.

Interesting, saw a post by Greg tonight also.

True?

Under which thread?

The guy has a genuine interest in beer, would love to see him do well.

He derailed The Scratch thread. ;)
:lol:
So he did - at least he's keen.
What stands out on the beer list? I might wander down to the Valley/James Street this weekend if we don't all drown first.

Most of the regulars, some prickley moses from Otway, I'll let him fill you in on the rest because I cant remember.

The thing I remember was selling craft beers for $5 on the busiest afternoon in the week, where you would normally charge full tote and make a fortune.

Go down with a pineapple and get sideways...

So not to continue the hijack, is it open on a Tuesday night?

Probably a question for Greg, but I assume if it was it wouldn't be open too late tonight with the weather.

So not to continue the hijack, is it open on a Tuesday night?

According to the website it is (until 10.30 - but I'd expect earlier than that tonight with the deluge and all)

He derailed The Scratch thread. ;)

My apolgies Chunkious! I did mean to start up a new! :)

FYI 'winkle', 'jacknohe'
We're open 7 days days and 7 nights!! This deluge does make it interesting though normally we'd close 10pm at the earliest...

My apolgies Chunkious! I did mean to start up a new! :)

Nah...Don't be silly mate, that's why I gave a wink.
Life has thrown me a curve ball at the moment. But, when sorted would love to come down for a yarn.

Greg

Open
Mon 7am-5pm;
Tue-Thu 7am-10:30pm;
Fri-Sat 7am-11:59pm;
Sun 7am-10pm

Looks like good hours to me! So darn many places to go to in this city anymore, and so little time. I may need a mental health day off in Feb sometime.

Latest posts

Back