Vlad's Perth AHB Gathering

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vlad the Pale Aler

Cereal Killer
Reaction score
OK, so we do the beer swap thing on the 10th at GL's.
Is it a " pick up your beer before I release the hounds" type of affair, or are we having a bit of social intercourse.
If it is to be the former or a variation on it, then we should be thinking about our next brewday/gathering/piss up.

I am sticking my hand up for the next one, its just a matter of when would suit everyone and what format it should take? Back to basics brewday or more of a beer oriented social.

Mods- does this need a new thread?

Sounds good Vlad, are you a sutherna :p hopefully you are closer than Joondalup to me :D

ps: split the topic for you

Kelmscott, way down south.

Do we need to do this before Xmas or after, bearing in mind peoples annual hols, school hols etc.

Wonder when Big D and Kook are back in town.

Vlad the Pale Aler said:
Kelmscott, way down south.

Do we need to do this before Xmas or after, bearing in mind peoples annual hols, school hols etc.

Wonder when Big D and Kook are back in town.
[post="91568"][/post]​

The other person to consider is Hoops- an all round good guy and brewer. He is in Perth from 17 Dec to mid Jan so that would be a good window. I think his folks are in Scarborough but we can organise to get him down there.

Excellent news Vlad. Count me in,pending unreschedulable(?) commitments. I'll crank out some more links if we are firing up the barbie. :beer:

I'm in.

January sounds good. A simple mash doing its stuff in the background would be great. Always good to see how someone else is brewing & give some of the newer associates a bit more technical knowledge.....

Asher for now

Reckon the new year sounds good, may have difficulty in getting to a brew day before then (even in my shed :eek:)

Have not heard of Kelmscott before, but Ill be there

I'll be there. Just a busride down Albany Hwy away.

I will even make a ridiculous suggestion that we consider a date between Xmas and NYear. Lots of people (me) will be off work then. But maybe too many people will be away?

Otherwise Jan/Feb would be fine.

Woo Hoo !

I was thinking that it was getting to be a good time for a brewday - I'm in for both a brewday at Castille de Aler and anything else thats happening.

I've not been told that I'm doing anything between Chrissy and New Year either, so it sounds good.

OK then, so the week twixt chrissy and hangover has been suggested.

Brewing on the day has been suggested ( hope its below 40c in the shed).

Sausages have been suggested, funny how that one always pops up.

Looks like things are on track.

Vlad the Pale Aler said:
OK then, so the week twixt chrissy and hangover has been suggested.

Brewing on the day has been suggested ( hope its below 40c in the shed).

Sausages have been suggested, funny how that one always pops up.
[post="93292"][/post]​

Brewing is mandatory!

Pretzels anyone?

ausdb said:
Brewing is mandatory!

Pretzels anyone?
[post="93297"][/post]​

Not just brewing. You get to brew, cook lunch, supply clean glasses, retrieve children from roofs and fend off complaints from the neighbours, while the rest of us stand around drinking. Between Christmas and New Year is a great idea, I am off work all that week. I'll get some off road tyres for the wheelie bin and a stronger hitch to the mountain bike for the trip.

PS I'll take a couple of pretzels please

On the subject of children, always welcome of course but first please teach them to bounce or be prepared to tether them to a sturdy anchor point.
I live in a pole home.

Im outa town so have a good one fellas and I will no doubt catch you at the next one.

Vlad the Pale Aler said:
I live in a pole home.
[post="93313"][/post]​

Oooh. Forget the kids, what about us guys drinking loads of beer while you scurry around doing our bidding and brewing? Might have to build a counter weight assisted fall arrestor.

Are we still talking about 2 functions here ? - one at Vlads in Jan and one twix Christmas and New Year

I am owning up for one, either twixt or Jan, whichever suits most people. Twixt seems most popular so far.

Have we just invented a new holiday period called Twixt?

Back