Visiting Grumpys June 16th

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was in Grumpy's last Saturday, those pizzas are very very tasty and sure helps the fine beer go down. We tried the lot and visited the brew shop out back for supplies. It was a great arvo I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself.

A few of us caught up with Ross in Newcastle at the Queens Wharf Brewery. Attendees were Gough (Who organised this night), Borret, Offline, Mark (Owner of Marks Homebrew shop), Keith (From Marks Homebrew shop and a lurker on the forum), Myself and the Guest of honour Ross. Unfortunately I could not stay all night, but whilst I was there, we had the Blue Tongue Autumn Ale, which we pretty much concluded, was so so. Ross tried the fairy floss (Blue tongue lager), then we found out that they had LCPA upstairs, so we were soon onto them. The other beer of choice was the Coopers Pale Ale and as I was leaving some sparkling was passed around. It was good to meet some people from the forum, although I was the odd one out being a newbie and not AG brewing, I still had a good time.

Oh I forgot that we tried the VB Original Ale. That really did not make an impression on anyone. Not much aroma until it was warmed a bit. I think the consensus was a tad better than VB.

macr said:
A few of us caught up with Ross in Newcastle at the Queens Wharf Brewery. Attendees were Gough (Who organised this night), Borret, Offline, Mark (Owner of Marks Homebrew shop), Keith (From Marks Homebrew shop and a lurker on the forum), Myself and the Guest of honour Ross. Unfortunately I could not stay all night, but whilst I was there, we had the Blue Tongue Autumn Ale, which we pretty much concluded, was so so. Ross tried the fairy floss (Blue tongue lager), then we found out that they had LCPA upstairs, so we were soon onto them. The other beer of choice was the Coopers Pale Ale and as I was leaving some sparkling was passed around. It was good to meet some people from the forum, although I was the odd one out being a newbie and not AG brewing, I still had a good time.
[post="62749"][/post]​

thanks for the night guys :D feeling a touch jaded this morning. time now to do a bit of work in between drinks....

A good night had by all... well as far as I can remember. I've got a sore head and no money this morning - How did that happen :lol: Have a good rest of your beer, er sorry, work trip Ross.

Good to see some of the other Newcastle brewers.

Shawn.

It was good to meet some people from the forum, although I was the odd one out being a newbie and not AG brewing, I still had a good time.

It was good to put faces to the names :beer:
you were not the only one macr that does not AG. (yet) :beerbang:

hope the soda stream bottles were not too much trouble Ross.

mmmm.. VB Original ale

Gough said:
A good night had by all... well as far as I can remember. I've got a sore head and no money this morning - How did that happen :lol:
Shawn.
[post="62770"][/post]​

How did that happen...... I believe his name was Yogi.

Yep, also had a great night. Sorry to have dissapointed you all with not lugging in the mill for a table centrepiece. I didn't really think it was waranted. Maybe nextime :unsure:

Had a great night, good to put faces to names. Best of luck with the rest of your global beer roving, Ross.

Cheers

Borret

Borret said:
Gough said:
A good night had by all... well as far as I can remember. I've got a sore head and no money this morning - How did that happen :lol:
Shawn.
[post="62770"][/post]​

Yep, also had a great night. Sorry to have dissapointed you all with not lugging in the mill for a table centrepiece. I didn't really think it was waranted. Maybe nextime :unsure:

Had a great night, good to put faces to names. Best of luck with the rest of your global beer roving, Ross.

Cheers

Borret
[post="62774"][/post]​

We did miss the mill Borret. Mate if I'd produced something of that magnificence I'd cart it everywhere I went :lol: Like Offline said, good to put some faces to the names.

Yogi?? You've lost me there Borret - although things are a little 'hazy' this morning...

Shawn.

Gough said:
Borret said:
Gough said:
A good night had by all... well as far as I can remember. I've got a sore head and no money this morning - How did that happen
Shawn.
[post="62770"][/post]​

Yep, also had a great night. Sorry to have dissapointed you all with not lugging in the mill for a table centrepiece. I didn't really think it was waranted. Maybe nextime

Cheers

Borret
[post="62774"][/post]​

We did miss the mill Borret. Mate if I'd produced something of that magnificence I'd cart it everywhere I went :lol: Like Offline said, good to put some faces to the names.

Yogi?? You've lost me there Borret - although things are a little 'hazy' this morning...

Shawn.
[post="62776"][/post]​

Sorry, checked the spelling- yeagermiester...... yogi, well it's sorta like yeager. <_< OR was that something else you guys ended up drinking.
Same thing happened when I originally should have called myself Borat. You get that.

Borret :blink:

Ah yes, I knew I shouldn't have had the spirits...

Shawn.

Just arrived at Paddys brewery - booked a room for the night & heading down to the bar for a wee session - so if anyone fancys dropping by for an ale, it would be good to see you (give us a call 0412 666952)...
i'm catching up with Gerard & Doc in the morning - so a nice lazy start to the day...

cheers Ross

Back