Visiting Grumpys June 16th

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ross

CraftBrewer
Reaction score
Trip Update.

Decided to drive down rather than fly - So planning on setting off next Monday from Brizzy & visiting as many major towns in NSW, Vic & SA on the 3 week round trip as I can.
No set plans other than the w/e at Grumpys (18th), so if anyone wants to catch up on route for a few ales please email me - will make the trip far more memorable :party:

I meant the 18th at Grumpys - Look forward to meeting a few of you there...

Gday Ross,

I'll do my best to make the Grumpy's day mate - and return the favour.

Have a nice drive :)

Boots

Dratsand curses, I'm in Melbourne that weekend - you better have a couple extra for me :chug:

We'll have these 6 beers on tap when you get here - the Genuine Pale Ale, the Auld Fokker Altbier, the Red Baron 80 Shilling, Heysen Scottish Oatmeal Stout, Biggles ESB and the Triple A Amber. And maybe the TomCat CAP if we're lucky.

See you then,

tdh

tdh said:
We'll have these 6 beers on tap when you get here - the Genuine Pale Ale, the Auld Fokker Altbier, the Red Baron 80 Shilling, Heysen Scottish Oatmeal Stout, Biggles ESB and the Triple A Amber. And maybe the TomCat CAP if we're lucky.

See you then,

tdh
[post="61647"][/post]​

Should be a top w/e - can hardly wait... :party:

I've just found out from the minister for home affairs that we have something on on that Sat night. What time were you going to be getting to Grumpy's Ross?

Not sure Boots, but probably be there most of the w/e unless something else comes up.....

:blink: false alarm . Wrong weekend. It's looking good for the 18th after all :) ..... i think :huh:

If you are passing through Sydney in your travels & want a look around the brewery @ Paddy's give me a yell. We have a tasting night on Saturday June 25th. From 7pm we will have all our beers on tap for $1 per middy.
Cheers
Gerard

How long to drive from Ballerat (Vic) to Grumpys, anyone?

Ross
it should take you about 6.5 to 7 hrs used to take about 8 to 9 in the truck from Melbourne and Ballarat is about an hour from melbourne

Hi Ross,

It may work out that I am in Adelaide that weekend and if so I would be happy to meet with you for a few beers and maybe even a pizza at Grumpy's.

Just a tip for travelling----
When you are travelling from Ballarat you need to make sure you leave the expressway at Mt Barker and travel to Verdun (Grumpys) through Hahndorf.
If you dont do this you will have to double back from the next exit.
A result of good (or bad) planning whichever way you choose to look at it.

I would book ahead for accomodation in the area if you plan on staying as it may be difficult to find a bed at times in that area. I am only talking from experience with this one.
Have a safe trip and I hope to be able to catch up with you.

Cheers

Well Adelaide being roughly 700ks to Deer Park in Melbourne and working on approxamately 100ks an hour it would take 7 hours......

So therefore i would agree with Dale 6.5 but i think you could easily do it in 6 given the right conditions....

last year i did the trip leaving adelaide at 3:30pm with a quick beer at grumpys and to get some brew stuff a fuel stop at horsham.... i was at a mates place in Altona Meadows by 11.pm just following speed limits.....

just take it easy Ross and if you leave ballerat by about midday would see you for tea at grumpys by 6pmish

cheers
ozdevil

Cheers guys,

Dicko - I've got a gps in the car & one on the laptop, in which i'm entering all the places of "interest," so should have no problems finding places...

Look forward to catching up with you all, should be quite a night :beer:

how long will u be in Adelaide...

u r welcome to come up to BrewInn Barossa while u r here.
I cant commit to the Grumpys Night yet....

But will try and get there.

GMK,

Will be there for a few days at least after i leave grumpys - i'm trying to get round as many scrap yards as possible with some software I'm selling, interspersed with visiting micros & meeting fellow craft brewers wherever possible...

I'll probably be due for a Grumpy's fix around then. So see you there!

No worries - so - will you have time for a visit - do u want to lock it in...

GMK said:
No worries - so - will you have time for a visit - do u want to lock it in...
[post="61759"][/post]​

sounds good - is there accom near by?

Just booked a cabin at the Handorf resort down the road from Grumpys for Saturday night - The 2nd room has 4 single beds, so if any one fancys a session & dosen't want to drive, there's 4 beds going for zip on a first come first served basis....

cheers Ross

Latest posts

Back