Visit to Feral Brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New_guy

Reaction score
Was in WA and went out to Feral - had a go at :

Hop Hog
A very fresh hop driven version of the hop hog you know

Barrel Fermented Hop Hog
Interesting, but not my favourite. Plenty of vanilla oak character.

Watermelon Warhead Sour
This is a 2.9% Berliner Weisse - bloody fantastic and u can drink it by the bucket

Fanta Pants Imperial Red Ale
This was underwhelming and not note-worthy

Barrique Okarma Black IPA
I have had this in bottle, but this was far better. Not unlike the hog it was much fresher with a great oak character that gave it big gutsy taste

Boris Russian Imperial Stout
Boris rocks - enough said.

Had the watermelon at gabs... Bangin! Wonder how they get the watermelon flavour in,

Is the watermelon sour available in bottles? If not, anyone know anywhere in Melbourne with it on tap? I wouldn't mind trying it, and have a mate looking to try "these sour beers" I keep raving to him about...

I have to agree with the fanta pants. Tried it during good beer week and it failed to impress. I am a fanta pants and I'm not keen to associate.

carniebrew said:
Is the watermelon sour available in bottles? If not, anyone know anywhere in Melbourne with it on tap? I wouldn't mind trying it, and have a mate looking to try "these sour beers" I keep raving to him about...
No - the silly bastards don't appear to bottle it - asked to buy some while I was there.

+1 to watermelon warhead. It's an absolute masterpiece of a brew. I had it at The Royston during GBW. Only place I've seen it previously was at Alehouse Project a while a go.

Last time I tried the Fanta Pants out at the brewery it was bloody fantastic...

I wish they would release the Karma Citra as part of the normal range - love that stuff.

Reminds me, I am due for a visit out there soon...

Latest posts

Back