virgin brewer from sa!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilmacca30

Reaction score
hi guys,

im a virgin brewer from rural sa, (100kms north of adelaide)

have myself a coopers diy kit on its way for my bday in a couple days, so looking foward to getting it started. i dont know many people that home brew, and ive never had a home brew out of a stubbie before, only had it from keg at a mates house once.

im right into shooting. if there are any members in sa that want to come out for a shot then let me know. i have alot of land 100kms north of adelaide and more than happy to take anyone out.

look foward to any help anyone can give, because all i know about home brewing is what is going to come in the instructions of the coopers kit!!

G'day Lilmacca and welcome mate!
IM sure you'll find a few local lads keen on heading up for a shoot!
I'd suggest also having a look at the brewadelaide forum (link in my signature) for a few more local yokels ;)

Cheers and happy brewing!

welcome aboard, beer should help with that virginity :)

No matter what type of virgin you are, beer helps.

Welcome to the best hobby on the planet, where you not only get to learn, brew, build and impress your mates, you also get beer at the end! Probably the best beer in the world* **.

I used to love going shooting, but we (my dad) had to hand in the guns at amnesty. What do you fire?

* result of internal staff poll.
** quality of beer depends on how much effort you put into your brewing processes.

Edak said:
** quality of beer depends on how much effort you put into your brewing processes.
And how much has been consumed before judging said quality of beer.

Welcome aboard!

lilmacca30 said:
hi guys,

im a virgin brewer from rural sa, (100kms north of adelaide)

have myself a coopers diy kit on its way for my bday in a couple days, so looking foward to getting it started. i dont know many people that home brew, and ive never had a home brew out of a stubbie before, only had it from keg at a mates house once.

im right into shooting. if there are any members in sa that want to come out for a shot then let me know. i have alot of land 100kms north of adelaide and more than happy to take anyone out.

look foward to any help anyone can give, because all i know about home brewing is what is going to come in the instructions of the coopers kit!!
There is an accomplished home brewer in Hamley Bridge who is free with his knowledge. There is a kit brewer at Two Wells and a whole mob of brewers in the Northern Subburbs.

Balak is only 40 minutes away from a brewers get together at Burton on the October long weekend.
Us Adelaide brewers are getting together for a beer and beast session. You could expect 20 or so home crafted beers on tap, copious amounts of hot smoked food (e.g. pulled pork) and more beer conversation than you can poke a stick at. Quite a few of us like bang sticks and hunting too. Just about all of us started out with kit brewing and some of them still use it. You are welcome to come along and try a few beers.

Throw the INSTRUCTIONS away....Read and learn what you can here..
Read John Palmers Book online..
Keep temperatures to 18 - 20 Degrees for Ales Approx 12 - 16 for Lagers
Cheers
PJ
This is not Ikea Furniture DONT read the Instructions...

Back