Viewing new AHB with Ipad

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spudfarmerboy

Reaction score
I usually use an Ipad version 1 when perusing AHB.
Since the site upgrade I can not see Youtube videos when people link to them in a thread. All I see is a big blank space. If I use my laptop there is no problem.
Is there something I need to configure in my Ipad or in AHB to correct this?
Cheers

Have you updated the iOS? If you have you may need to install the YouTube app. YouTube gets taken out of the basic apps along with Google Maps.
Can you post a link to the offending page so I can see if my Iphone will view it?

Cheers
Tex

Same problem here. Don't think it's an iOS issue as I haven't updated mine for a year.

Yep same here.
Mine has AP and is fully up to date.
There are a lot of functions that don't work on Ipad :rolleyes:

Cheers

Is the problem the site or the ipad?

Apple would tell you it's the site.. I'd tell you Apple can suck a ...... banana.

GuyQLD said:

Apple would tell you it's the site.. I'd tell you Apple can suck a ...... banana.
and so i guess we should just blame Apple............ <_<

GuyQLD said:

I am using iphone 4 not ipad but possibly an apple thing.

Cant remember if it worked on the old site or not.

Same here. Using the full site and have new iPad with YouTube app installed. Can't see embedded YouTube links - just comes up as white space where the vids should be. Everything else seems fine.

Are YouTube videos still Flash-based?

I've noticed my phone (SGS2 running the MIUI rom) has started reverting back to the mobile layout in chrome when i refresh
i change it to the standard web layout because i'm used to it, but every time i refresh it goes back to the mobile view :(

embedded youtube videos work fine on some other forums that I visit - so I presume it's the way this forum embeds them that stops them from working on iOS. Something to do with flash maybe, I don't know it's out of my area.

When posting on IPad the option of inserting emoticons doesn't work as well.

There was a topic to let Dane know of the sites problems but I can't see it now...

Cheers

iPads run on a closed platform that doesn't even support flash, you should have got an Andriod tab. Loving our Samasung Galaxy tab with it's flash support etc. :D

Surprisingly I still get blank spaces on an Asus transformer running android, which usually does everything my wife's iPad can't do (and that's a lot of things).

Also no probs with youtube vids embedded on other sites, So I suspect it must be something to do with the way this forum has set it up.

I view the forum very well without an i anything. As Android is now 80% of the mobile and tablet market may I suggest you are chaining yourselves to the modern equivalent of Beta tapes.

</stir>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back