VICBREW 2019

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No results released tonight. Will happen in the next day or so. They announced this afternoon that they would not be able to collate in time for announcements today.

Cheers. Is Cocko still here?

No results released tonight. Will happen in the next day or so. They announced this afternoon that they would not be able to collate in time for announcements today.

All the judging was done & dusted by mid afternoon, but since we're a couplea bodies down this time, it's going to take awhile for all the scoresheets to be checked, scanned & then work-out the placings (some stuff has to be done manually).

You lot have been so ******* spoilt in the past with the way we've got results out so quickly! This time, just RDWHAHB!

Cheers. Is Cocko still here?

Nope!

Provisional results are up at vicbrew and compmaster now. I'm just uploading scoresheets at the moment. These should become available in the next day or so.

Summary Results

Full Results

Cheers,

Andy

Last edited:
Beg to differ, mate. I just clicked on the link you provided & the results are definitely there.

Just so everyone knows - I'm uploading the scoresheets on a really slow link while I"m on holiday, so they're not ready for download yet (someone hit the wrong button on the admin portal and exposed the links, so I think there are a few people who have tried to download them and got "page not found".... I'll post here as soon as I've got them all up (about 60% so far).

Andy

I may or may not have clicked the link....

Several times
Just so everyone knows - I'm uploading the scoresheets on a really slow link while I"m on holiday, so they're not ready for download yet (someone hit the wrong button on the admin portal and exposed the links, so I think there are a few people who have tried to download them and got "page not found".... I'll post here as soon as I've got them all up (about 60% so far).

Andy

OK Everyone. Scoresheets are available for download. I've done a random sample and it all looks in order, with one known caveat:

In the Belgian category there was a judge missing so for some you will see three scoresheets listed but only two available, and some will see effectively a blank scoresheet with just a score... sorry thats how it flowed on the day I'm told.

Any hassles, wrong sheets etc post them up here and I'll keep an eye open for a few days...

Andy

Hi Andy,

Thanks for putting up the scoresheets. This is my second attempt at Vicbrew and its been really great to get such good feedback on my beers so thank you and congratulations to all involved in putting this together as I’m sure it isn’t easy!
I managed to place in Pale Ale - what’s the process for entering the AABC, I can’t seem to find a form?

Cheers,
Jared

Thanks for the hard work @Andyd !

I received three scores, two detailed score sheets, but the first score has a broken "download" link ("Page not found"). If there's a third score sheet available, I'd love to see it.

Entry #107.

OK Everyone. Scoresheets are available for download. I've done a random sample and it all looks in order, with one known caveat:

In the Belgian category there was a judge missing so for some you will see three scoresheets listed but only two available, and some will see effectively a blank scoresheet with just a score... sorry thats how it flowed on the day I'm told.

Any hassles, wrong sheets etc post them up here and I'll keep an eye open for a few days...

Andy

Thanks for confirming the blank scroesheet issue, we're seeing a few people asking/barking about it, this explanation should keep them happy.

Hi Andy,

Thanks for putting up the scoresheets. This is my second attempt at Vicbrew and its been really great to get such good feedback on my beers so thank you and congratulations to all involved in putting this together as I’m sure it isn’t easy!
I managed to place in Pale Ale - what’s the process for entering the AABC, I can’t seem to find a form?

Cheers,
Jared

Thanks Jared,

Congratulations on placing - I'm assuming you're from Vic, if so the Vicbrew team will be in touch shortly to help you through the process of submitting for AABC - they do a fantastic job following up what is a hard cometition to manage with the management of Victorias national entries...

Speaking of which - I had a very small role to play this year. The vast majority of the work fell on a very small group of guys who refuse to sing their own praise, so I'm going to call out:

* Michael Guenzel,
* Mark Hibberd,
* Michael Bowron,
* Mark Johnston and
* Martin O'Connor,

all of whom have been working this gig for a VERY long time now and quite frankly need a rest - so if anyone out there is interested in playing even a small role in next year's Vicbrew, please let me know, because these guys can't keep this up forever...

Cheers,

Andy

Thanks for the hard work @Andyd !

I received three scores, two detailed score sheets, but the first score has a broken "download" link ("Page not found"). If there's a third score sheet available, I'd love to see it.

Entry #107.

Yours is one of those entries that only had two judges... the third was just an average between the two to make the scoring work properly.

Cheers!

Andy

@Andyd

Mine also has the page not found error for one of mine

Entry #478
Category 12.5 Rye IPA

Im guessing the one missing is from judge no. 34

Ive got another entry in the same that has sheets from judged 34,35 and 36.

Compmaster has the scores for 3 judges but the links to the feedback are only there for 35 and 36 for entry #478

@Andyd

Mine also has the page not found error for one of mine

Entry #478
Category 12.5 Rye IPA

Im guessing the one missing is from judge no. 34

Ive got another entry in the same that has sheets from judged 34,35 and 36.

Compmaster has the scores for 3 judges but the links to the feedback are only there for 35 and 36 for entry #478

I just took a look and I can't find a third sheet in all of the 1400 scans I've been given. I'll ask the guys if they have a third physical sheet for this one...

Cheers,

Andy

Yours is one of those entries that only had two judges... the third was just an average between the two to make the scoring work properly.

Cheers!

Andy

Ah. I thought this was Belgian only. Thanks for clearing it up.

Back