VICBREW 2016

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True story.

Once when I was a young smart arse I did something that questioned the integrity of a senior manager in my organisation. I was made to write him a apology.

So I wrote to him " I'm sorry you misunderstood" - which if that wasn't clearly "Sorry, not sorry" I went on to sign it "sincerely" (with the quotation marks) so it was clear I was really being sincere.

A certain recent post in this thread has a very similar ring to it.

evvy.rogerson said:
This is very "on-topic" for what has been previously discussed, and was definitely not "sorted". We can get it "sorted" right now if MartinOC just finds his balls and apologises.

And "trolling"? Please. I am addressing the behaviour of the 2016 VicBrew Head Steward in a thread titled VICBREW 2016 where he abuses an entrant.

Feel free to look at how long I have been a member and how much "trolling" I have done. I am simply admonishing deplorable behaviour in the public forum that it was conducted.
trolling isn't for you to decide but the mods and admin.
do we need a little break to decide what is acceptable.
as I've said this has already been dealt with by the moderation team.

DU99 said:
Bring on 2017..
Amen, brother!!

malt junkie said:
Abso-*******-lutely how the hell did you let Cocko win Vicbrew??
We're never going to hear the bloody end of it.
He introduced me to Timmi & after a 12-hour marathon involving several watermelons & a Kg of personal lubricant, I was mere putty in his hands....

I think I owe another apology here...... :ph34r:

MartinOC said:
Amen, brother!!

He introduced me to Timmi & after a 12-hour marathon involving several watermelons & a Kg of personal lubricant, I was mere putty in his hands....

I think I owe another apology here...... :ph34r:
we use the military policy here of don't ask don't tell.
lets leave it at that.

For the whiners in the gallery..

I got slammed for my cider entry, out of style, the type of cider I made didn't fit the style guidelines.. Do you know what I didn't do?

Make a big song and dance about the whole issue, I either didn't read the guidelines correctly...or at all...

Life's to short to give two shits about a comp entry not doing what I WANTED OR FELT it should be..

Get a life, move on, mind your own damn business, take it off-line if you feel you must have a say on something that doesn't involve you, above all

Let the issue here rest.

evvy.rogerson said:
If someone is trolling do something about it barls. You're a moderator. But it seems to me you're just threatened by a "noob with 23 posts" that doesn't deserve an opinion.

And if you really are a moderator, you'll discipline MartinOC for breaching site rule #5
5. Threatening, slanderous, abusive or deliberately inflammatory messages are not to be posted and may be removed at the discretion of the site administrators

Put your money where your mouth is.
as has been said 4 time it has already been sorted about a week ago.
as for a threat its not, its moderation

ok for the rest of us good work on the places people, lets move on to the nationals.

Wish I could be there too, I've got 4 entries in this year! Very very excited.

Good to see a former BABBS member take out champion brewer..................looks like another Qlder in the Nationals :p

You know it's one thing to taunt a fello competitor with your glass that you won, reminding him that he didn't win anything, nah nah nee nah nah ... as if he needed reminding. But to be able to wave a box of glasses under someones nose, now that's accomplishment right there!

and to witness two grown men fighting over boxes to put all their winnings in was truly disgusting behaviour and that is something I do not wish to be a part of again, at least not as a spectator lol.

Being there for the VIC awards was good fun. Good luck all in the big event.

droid said:
Being there for the VIC awards was good fun.
Yeah, the awards "ceremony" is always a bit of blowing-off of steam after all the hard work is done.

If there was no razzing from the peanut-gallery & a bit of shenanigans, it just wouldn't be the same fun that Vicbrew always is.

During the committee debrief, we discussed having a "Book-end" award as a bit of a laugh, where someone gets 1st & last in a particular category. Rare, but it does happen (done it myself, as have other members of the committee).

Some folks (no names will be mentioned) take it waaay too seriously.... ;)

It's all fun...ya just gotta have a laugh at yourself sometimes...

The more I think about this comp the more pleased I am..

I entered 5

RIS = Third
Other Specialty = Equal third, missed out on countback
APA = Equal Third missed out on countback

Cider = Bombed (predictably as out of style, should have been in other Cider)
Wood Aged RIS = bit confused about this one but meh.. still scored reasonably

Overall, a vast improvement on past comps so with a wider view toward averages, seems my game is lifting.

Once again, thanks to all Judges, stewards and all who turned up for the event, I look forward, again, to next year.

Yob said:
Overall, a vast improvement on past comps so with a wider view toward averages, seems my game is lifting.

That's the objective!

Do you try and enter the same set of styles each year, focusing on a few and playing around with a couple more?

He focuses on RIS & other high-gravity monsters...but then, so do a lot of others with an inclination to the Juice-Junkie in all of us... :p

zorsoc_cosdog said:
That's the objective!

Do you try and enter the same set of styles each year, focusing on a few and playing around with a couple more?
I entered a cider this year :blink:

Specialty
RIS
IPA
APA

these are my general entry points

Latest posts

Back