VICBREW 2016

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is very "on-topic" for what has been previously discussed, and was definitely not "sorted". We can get it "sorted" right now if MartinOC just finds his balls and apologises.

And "trolling"? Please. I am addressing the behaviour of the 2016 VicBrew Head Steward in a thread titled VICBREW 2016 where he abuses an entrant.

Feel free to look at how long I have been a member and how much "trolling" I have done. I am simply admonishing deplorable behaviour in the public forum that it was conducted.

@ evvy.rogerson

Geez, you're really coming-across as Grainer's alter-ego here. Or maybe there's only ONE ego in play here, eh, John?

Barls, quite happy for you to delete anything you feel is inappropriate & off-topic here. 'sounds like a dummy-spit to me. Let's keep it to the topic of Vicbrew & not a bitch-fight.

Cheers,

Martin

evvy.rogerson said:
"I'm guessing you couldn't enter two "others" (thus breaking the rules) & decided to take a punt."

How can you interpret this comment as anything other than an accusation of cheating?
I addressed this earlier but will do it again here.

It is perfectly within rules to enter into a category even if the entry does not specifically fit/is outside.

IF an entrant entered 2 into 1 style, THAT would be cheating (and likely disqualified).

If an entrant has 2 entries that fit one style, they can still enter both but in different styles. One may be 'misfit' - perfectly acceptable, perfectly within the rules, just may be picked up by judges as being out of style.

No accusation of cheating - in fact the suggestion is that cheating was avoided by entering in a less suitable category or style. The suggestion is NOT that the rules were actually broken.

Evvy has not posted much but joined well before Grainer so I don't think we need to make speculations.

Said as a member, not a mod. I'm leaving modding this thread to others.

Evvy.rogerson Martin and Grainer had, of sorts, resolved and moved on within the open forum .
Your input is not required and from an outsiders perspective is causing more harm than good to Vicbrew. You have been asked by 2 moderators to leave it alone. Please take your concerns to Vicbrew .

I see what you're saying with the two styles Manticle. You're right, it wouldn't be possible to cheat per se, but I think the implication is still there that Grainer intended to somehow gain an advantage, but the judges caught him out, and that's an inappropriate comment from a Head Steward.

timmi9191 said:
Cmon, I just broke out the pop corn...
Sorry to disappoint you, mate. This guy's not worth wasting breath on. Eventually he'll get the message....

Mardoo said:
Shit's gone down. Let's not step in it and track it indoors.
You Bugger Mardoo! You changed your post " Hmmm, 20 active posts, 11 on this topic..." just as I was about to say "Curiouser & curiouser".. ;)

MartinOC has been lucky to come away without a bloody nose it seems. But there is a foul stench in here that will take time to forget irrespective of his opinions.

Meh, online forums

No luck in it at all, mate.

Contrary to the previous suggestions that I'm a coward, I put it to you that I've actually got the balls to be vocal enough to help push-out someone whose presence in the Victorian Homebrewing community is universally disliked/distasteful.

The same thing happened with another person of similar personality in the mid-'90's, which is why we now have strict entry-rules for Vicbrew. Within the Committee, they're referred-to as the "MJ" rules & he's no longer around. It's all happening all over again with this bloke.

Draw your own conclusions from the preceding posts.

bradsbrew said:
Evvy.rogerson Martin and Grainer had, of sorts, resolved and moved on within the open forum .
Your input is not required and from an outsiders perspective is causing more harm than good to Vicbrew. You have been asked by 2 moderators to leave it alone. Please take your concerns to Vicbrew .
I certainly don't mean to cause harm to VicBrew. I value the competition, having entered the past three years and have both stewarded and judged. I will definitely be taking my concerns to VicBrew.

The harm here is caused by MartinOC. I wish he hadn't tarnished the reputation of VicBrew but he has, and only he can take the steps to set things right by apologising.

manticle said:
Evvy has not posted much but joined well before Grainer so I don't think we need to make speculations.

Said as a member, not a mod. I'm leaving modding this thread to others.

MartinOC said:
Sorry to disappoint you, mate. This guy's not worth wasting breath on. Eventually he'll get the message....

You Bugger Mardoo! You changed your post " Hmmm, 20 active posts, 11 on this topic..." just as I was about to say "Curiouser & curiouser".. ;)
I did. I saw Manticle's immediately after I posted mine and felt mine - which you have quoted accurately and I have no shame in - was unnecessary due to the enrolment of evvy prior to Grainer. A lesson in fact checking before getting snarky.

"The only true apology is when one apologises to one's own heart, one's own values, one's own recognition, and not to public opinion." Me.

I hereby truly & humbly apologise to the Victorian Homebrewing Community at large for not acting sooner on this issue when I first identified it. I value you guys/us.

I apologise to everyone for defending this bloke to them (giving him the benefit of the doubt), when the alarm-bells were going-off in my head. I compromised my own values by doing-so.

I don't give a shit what anyone else thinks of me - if they don't like me, that's their problem. Call it my ego, but it's robust, not terribly fragile. I have MANY more friends than enemies & that's a testament to the way I interact with people.

I was a complete fool on this issue.

Please forgive me.

VicBrew With puppies

GOx2ShU.png

MartinOC said:
I hereby truly & humbly apologise to the Victorian Homebrewing Community at large for not acting sooner on this issue when I first identified it. I value you guys/us.

I apologise to everyone for defending this bloke to them (giving him the benefit of the doubt), when the alarm-bells were going-off in my head. I compromised my own values by doing-so.

I don't give a shit what anyone else thinks of me - if they don't like me, that's their problem. Call it my ego, but it's robust, not terribly fragile. I have MANY more friends than enemies & that's a testament to the way I interact with people.

I was a complete fool on this issue.

Please forgive me.
Abso-*******-lutely how the hell did you let Cocko win Vicbrew??
We're never going to hear the bloody end of it.

Hell I may as well break my reading glasses now, maybe the blur will ease the pain.

I need a beer!

Latest posts

Back