VICBREW 2016

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Guys,

A quick update before I hit the sack.

Today was rather frantic to begin-with (as always!), but HUGELY successful.

Mainly due to the changes we've made to the queued judging system, we banged-through & completed all the biggest categories (except for specialties) & were done, cleaned-up & hitting the bar by about 4.15 today. Absolutely stellar effort by everyone who turned-up. Thank you!

With the same systems in-place for tomorrow, we might be done & dusted by lunchtime-ish, all the numbers crunched & trophies awarded by early-mid afternoon.

I'm actually quite calm & relaxed now compared to the usual "frazzled & burnt-out" at this time on the Saturday....

Seeya's tomorrow!

iPhone emojis not compatible with the forum, didn't realise that!

Looking forward to hearing some results for each of the categories :beer:

Great work by all Martin,twas a breezy day yesterday thanks to the changes,hope it all went as well today.Some great beers there. :chug:

Was a great day today. Thanks to all the vicbrew committee for all the work you do to get this event to run smoothly- I know there's a lot of behind the scenes work that most are unaware of.

wonderwoman said:
Was a great day today. Thanks to all the vicbrew committee for all the work you do to get this event to run smoothly- I know there's a lot of behind the scenes work that most are unaware of.
Thanks Wonderwoman (I don't remember seeing seeing your red & gold lycra suit today, but maybe that's the effect of your "lassoo of truth"?).

Yeah, there's a whole year of hard work by the committee that gets us to this weekend & then it's a massive team-effort between the judges & stewards to bring it to conclusion.

We got there! HUGE thanks to everyone involved. It can't happen with out you.

Final results will be out once we've got everything sorted out. The concept of tweeting live results is a complete wank & won't happen as long as my arse points to the ground.

Edit: If you want to know immediate results, turn-up & help-out. Get involved & actually BE THERE for the awards. Anything else is just ******* lazy.

Results should go live tonight, with scoresheets to follow shortly in the week.

I do need to apologize for a data entry error which affected the result of the Farmhouse category - I missed a faint digit in one of the scores which had a big impact (the entry I mis-entered actually came first, pushing everyone else down one place).

Like Martin said, it was frantic, but ran remarkably smoothly - this was largely due to the great response we received for volunteers to judge and steward this year. Thanks very much to everyone who committed part (or all of) their weekend to support our hobby.

Cheers,

Andy

When do place getters need to have their entries for nationals ready?

Ed: From Compmaster

Qualifying for AABC 2016:

Brewers of the best three beers in each Category will be invited to enter that beer (or a replacement) in the National Championship to be held in Adelaide on Thursday 13th October 2016. Entry fee to VicBrew 2016 includes cost of entry to Nationals and delivery from participating Vicbrew shops

Yob said:
When do place getters need to have their entries for nationals ready?

Ed: From Compmaster

Qualifying for AABC 2016:
Brewers of the best three beers in each Category will be invited to enter that beer (or a replacement) in the National Championship to be held in Adelaide on Thursday 13th October 2016. Entry fee to VicBrew 2016 includes cost of entry to Nationals and delivery from participating Vicbrew shops
last year I think I had 3 days :), the year before, it was less than 2 weeks (I was in Darwin for 10 days and it had to be in before I could get home).

mxd said:
last year I think I had 3 days :), the year before, it was less than 2 weeks (I was in Darwin for 10 days and it had to be in before I could get home).
I think you picked up a place somewhere too Matt

Hats off to everyone who worked tirelessly behind the scenes and the volunteers who chipped in to make it all happen - was a great day. Big thanks to all the sponsors, including the Belgian Beer Cafe, as well. Great event. Only wish I wasn't so wrecked before getting there!

Nullnvoid said:
Whoooohooo, 4th! I'm pretty stoked with that considering my first time entered into a comp :)

Brilliant :)
Well done Russ - Strong Scotch Ale....wouldnt be your 2015 Swap meet beer would it????

Well done to all.

A huge amount of "No Clubbers" this year.

Phil Rayner - whoever you are, please join Melbourne brewers.

Well done to Mort, Martin and the committee. Was very smooth on Saturday and I'm sure it continued the same on Sunday.

Most importantly, well done to those who got a result they were happy with and hopefully some constructive tasting notes to continue improving.

Latest posts

Back