VICBREW 2016

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5 newbies so far (Stewards).

I've got the Judge Director (Mort) looking at his own list of newbies (Judges).

Depending on what he comes-back with, we may call-in Manticle's promise, or keep it in salt for next year (since he'll be judging the Tas. Comp. on the Saturday, which would be a waste of his time & money to do all the travelling for just one day).

Watch this space..... :)

A promise is a promise. If you legitimately get 10 genuine noobs, call it in. I get a free lunch so no waste.

You're a stirling gentleman, Mants. Never doubted it.

Might still hold-off the promise until next year & not waste your time/weekend this time 'round.

BTW gents, although we've implemented system improvements, we'll still need bodies. Saturday will be an absolute ball-tearer.

Queued-judging for the bigger categories still needs MORE JUDGES & fewer Stewards to achieve the same goal. Still, it's bodies that's required.

We NEED you....

Thanks, mate - all good.

As long as we get the help to get through the anticipated numbers....

i clicked on the first link in the first post but couldnt see where the event is held, happy to help and how much have official entries grown over the years?

The Victorian Amateur Brewing Championships (Vicbrew 2016) will be held on 10th & 11th September 2016 at the Belgian Beer Café Eureka, 5 Riverside Quay, Southbank Melbourne. Melways reference: 2F E7 .

Register your interest to help here: http://goo.gl/forms/KDNbQApRGF2A7Wqz2

The volume of entries has risen considerably over the years. For example, in 2015 we got 602 entries, compared to 458 the year before. We're anticipating even more this year!!

worthogs webmaster said:
Not going to get an old dog to learn new tricks now, even if I can prove to them that their neural pathways can make new connections and learn stuff! Resistance is all they are comfortable with. However, I do see the sense in leaving a manual option open. For accessibility's sake, online only will always disadvantage some.
You could always print off the page for those members you are concerned about and then give it to them and get them to fill it out and then enter it.

MartinOC said:
The Victorian Amateur Brewing Championships (Vicbrew 2016) will be held on 10th & 11th September 2016 at the Belgian Beer Café Eureka, 5 Riverside Quay, Southbank Melbourne. Melways reference: 2F E7 .

Register your interest to help here: http://goo.gl/forms/KDNbQApRGF2A7Wqz2

The volume of entries has risen considerably over the years. For example, in 2015 we got 602 entries, compared to 458 the year before. We're anticipating even more this year!!
Thanks v. much Martin, have just reg'd.

A friendly reminder to everyone that entries close on 20/8/16.

That's a week earlier than previously. Don't miss-out!

Evening all - a quick question on the new bottle size regulations. I bottle most of my Belgian sours in champagne bottles and have managed to find one that juuuuust complies with the new regulations (87mm in diameter and 298mm in height). Just wondering how thoroughly the new rule will be applied as I'd hate to see an entry disqualified by someone eyeballing my bottle and turfing it out based on the fact it is an old champagne bottle. Many thanks.

You could put someone in charge of rescuing your bottle if it doesn't get through...actually, that's funny, cough cough, I'll be there so I could er, look after it for you.

My understanding is that if it does not fit in the crate then it will not be judged. So they won't be measured as such, just need to fit the crate.

If it fits in a crate so the crates can still be stacked when we organise the crates in the coolroom it will be fine.

I realise I used the word 'crates' a lot in that sentence.

Cheers for the responses guys - just checked and when stacked the crate on top is a little wonky so will leave it out of the comp. Good for me, but the judges will be missing out on a tasty oud bruin...

AJ your crates may not be the same as the VicBrew ones. If the bottle is 298mm high you will be fine, so enter it.

Black n Tan said:
AJ your crates may not be the same as the VicBrew ones. If the bottle is 298mm high you will be fine, so enter it.
Thanks B&T

I've gone ahead and put down Glenn as a judge/steward for the Saturday. He wouldn't get off his bum and complete the form, so please excuse me if I didn't put all the right stuff in.

Latest posts

Back