VICBREW 2016

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MartinOC

Insert something suitably witty here
Reaction score
Ladies & Gentlemen (& those of you who can't decide.... :p ),

After last year's Competition, there's been a LOT of discussion within the Committee about moving forward & dealing with the expected escalating entry-numbers, Judging schedules/regimes ...etc..etc... Changes have been made to the way things will be run for 2016.

Details of those changes can be found here:

http://vicbrew.org/news&info.htm

Please take the time to read carefully, as quite a bit has changed/will change for everyone involved.

Cheers & Beers!

Martin

Wow! Interesting about the split flights. That would have been handy at beerfest a few years back when we had close to 40 american pales to judge. I've been out of this for a while, but want to try and get back to it this year and rack up some more xp points on the old BJCP record.

Will the stewards still get paid double on Sunday?

Siborg said:
Wow! Interesting about the split flights. That would have been handy at beerfest a few years back when we had close to 40 american pales to judge. I've been out of this for a while, but want to try and get back to it this year and rack up some more xp points on the old BJCP record.
Yeah, well, something had to change in the way we deal with big numbers. We're confident this will make it easier on the Judges & Stewards. Everything is subject to review after VicBrew 2016.

NealK said:
Will the stewards still get paid double on Sunday?
Can you eat TWO free meals??

Just remember - 10 new people volunteer to help (who haven't before, judging preferred) and I fly back to sit on a table for at least one of the days (possibly both)

manticle said:
Just remember - 10 NEW people volunteer to help (who haven't before, judging preferred) and I fly back to sit on a table for at least one of the days (possibly both)
Gent's, we can't possibly ask for more commitment than that from a committed brewer & judge (BJCP qualified..etc...etc....).

Manticle will FLY (at own cost!!!) to Melbourne just to judge for a day (methinks two days, with a bit of shenannigins in between...but I digress.... B) ).

Stick your hand-up to participate!

i'm gonna rock tha joint out...or maybe i'll just put my hand up to help all-day Saturday

1. noob ~ droid

Previous non-participants willing to show-up, help-out & drink free beer (so we can get Manticle to fly-in/ front-up), please add your details here:

1. Droid
2. Curly79

There were a couple in last year's thread too.
Should be at least halfway. Needs to be a penalty for anyone who puts their name down but doesn't show.
Maybe a 330mL of rochefort 10 mailed to Glenorchy, TAS.
If I'm a no show, that's void and I will post 1 x R10 330 mL to each person on the list verified as showing up and helping.

Latest posts

Back