Vicbrew 2011

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers Razz. Pretty happy with the results and pretty happy that I actually have a bottle of each to send to AABC.

Congrats to place getters etc. Was good to be involved (belgian Strongs for breakfast? Yes please).

Am I correct in assuming the top three place getters in each catagory automatically qualify for AABC?

EDIT: Just answered my own question by going to the AABC website...

Congratulations to everyone! The winner of the stout category was stoked when I called him a few mins ago haha...

edit: pretty stoked with my 4th in the ESB category also! ...I'll cling onto that for the moment and ignore the results of my other experiments hee hee

Sick, got 5th in the ESB category with my first AG brew!

didn't expect that.... :D

Is the score the total of 3 judges scores out of 50?

Woot.. :D

Well done to all the BAR boys.. Good effort.

5th equal or is that sixth with my case swap Calicommon in the amber/dark lager and 15th with my Kolsch...o well always next year.thanks for all the hard work done by the judges.

Congratulations to everyone! The winner of the stout category was stoked when I called him a few mins ago haha...

edit: pretty stoked with my 4th in the ESB category also! ...I'll cling onto that for the moment and ignore the results of my other experiments hee hee
I'm pretty stoked with just beating you by 1 point, and stealing 3rd place :D

And by a similar margin in the stout category too, but the less said about that, the better...

JK on 9 pts with 3 1st places now that s what you call a Kingston Cream.

Sorry Razz thats Champ brewer, I see what you mean, I can only see JK as the highest on 135, the winner on the day was 138pts (not JK) must have been a miscount or something, I cant find any result for Charles Pedder???

I'm pretty stoked with just beating you by 1 point, and stealing 3rd place :D

And by a similar margin in the stout category too, but the less said about that, the better...

Ahem...stout? What stout... err... Who? Um... Next Tuesday about 3pm I think...

Sorry Razz thats Champ brewer, I see what you mean, I can only see JK as the highest on 135, the winner on the day was 138pts (not JK) must have been a miscount or something, I cant find any result for Charles Pedder???
Nope, no Charles Pedder. I just cleaned my glasses father Jack, buggered if I can see a 138 point beer!

Well done everyone who got a place and placed better than last year. Unfortunately I wasn't one of them. Looking forward to the sheets back so I can work on it. I guess IIPA's shouldn't be aged, last years 3rd took 23rd this yeah, oh dear

Good stuff manticle, and also to newcomer hoser! And he was worried about people bagging him out cause of a low score!

Well done placegetters and winners - most deserved! All the best to those shooting for AABC.
Bring home some glassware from Adelaide guys!

Nothing a standout for me but surprised my APA got where it did. Quite happy with that one despite no podium finish.
Will be great to get the feedback as this is a style I'd like to get better at. :)

Hopper.

Nope, no Charles Pedder. I just cleaned my glasses father Jack, buggered if I can see a 138 point beer!

The results sheet has been updates to include the overall awards, JK's RIS has been listed as the Champ beer. I'm not mad about the different call on the day, coz I collected the Westgate trophies & I didnt pick up best beer. A most intriguing **** up indeed. Thanks to all the hard work from the committee, no disrespect intended.

Good stuff manticle, and also to newcomer hoser! And he was worried about people bagging him out cause of a low score!

Ha ha Si, I thought my dark lager did disasterously shite...then I saw your strong lager score :p

Folks,

Results and sheets are now available on CompMaster for those who have entered online. Unfortunately I don't have time at the moment to manually hook up all the offline entries with accounts, so those who have entered offline will have to wait until the scoresheets are mailed out to you.

If any judges do not see the sheets they've written, PM me with your CM username and I'll get the sheets linked for you.

Cheers!

Andy

Thank you judges for writing good score sheets. Got some good pointers for tweaking my beers to style. I've had score sheets in the past that gave me absolutely nothing to work with.

Cheers :icon_cheers:

Ha ha Si, I thought my dark lager did disasterously shite...then I saw your strong lager score :p
Well, it was brewed as a munich dunkel and I just decided to put it in bock as well. Got some interesting feed back that it had too much roast (in bot categories). Only roast was a bit of carafa special for colour, but decoction added a bit of colour. All in all, some good feedback. Thinking of brewing it again with no carafa, just munich and a double decoction.

Have score sheets etc been posted out? I haven't received mine yet

Back