Vicbrew 2011

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big78sam

Frequent poster - My post count is no reflection o
Reaction score
No thread on this yet but entry details are open

http://www.vicbrew.org/

Entries close in just 4 weeks so I decided to be presumptuous and start a thread so AHB members are reminded...

Anyone know if the entries are stored cold for the 2 weeks before the comp?

I just cubed a Janet's brown clone for this. I was hoping to get 2-3 more brews in, but 4 weeks is not a lot of time to brew if you have to factor in bottle conditioning before the deadline. :\

Anyone know if the entries are stored cold for the 2 weeks before the comp?

I just cubed a Janet's brown clone for this. I was hoping to get 2-3 more brews in, but 4 weeks is not a lot of time to brew if you have to factor in bottle conditioning before the deadline. :\

I don't think so. When I've dropped off entries at G&G the entries are sitting on the ground behind the counter.

After the Vicbrew team pick them up, they're usually kept cool, but not always in a fridge. They do their best to minimise any detrimental impacts but as you can understand, none of us have the facilities to store nearly 400 bottles cold.

Best bet is to drop the entries in as close to the closing date as possible.

Andy

After the Vicbrew team pick them up, they're usually kept cool, but not always in a fridge. They do their best to minimise any detrimental impacts but as you can understand, none of us have the facilities to store nearly 400 bottles cold.

Best bet is to drop the entries in as close to the closing date as possible.

Andy
The entry form infers we will be able to do online entries from 1st of August.

I wasn't readily able to find a link to the site. Anybody know if it's online, and where?

I wasn't readily able to find a link to the site. Anybody know if it's online, and where?
If you login to CompMaster the (for me anyway) next page is a VicBrew banner with entry details and a link you can click to enter your stuff.

The entry form implies.

You infer.

If you login to CompMaster the (for me anyway) next page is a VicBrew banner with entry details and a link you can click to enter your stuff.

Like Wolfy said, you can enter online on CompMaster - you'll need to register on the site and then use the "Select A Competition" link on the left of the page to select VicBrew 2011...

Sorry about the difficult navigation... I'm making it easier in an upcoming revision to the site that's in Beta...

Andy

Like Wolfy said, you can enter online on CompMaster - you'll need to register on the site and then use the "Select A Competition" link on the left of the page to select VicBrew 2011...

Sorry about the difficult navigation... I'm making it easier in an upcoming revision to the site that's in Beta...

Andy

Looks like you might have more pertinent issues.....

Screenshot.jpg

Looks like you might have more pertinent issues.....

Thanks for the heads up,

I haven't been able to replicate this at my end, but am looking into it now - I've sent you a PM to see if you have any more info...

Cheers!

Andy

----------------------

UPDATE

Just found the problem... at the moment you can't view competitions until you're registered... another change coming in later, but for the time being you need to register first.

Cheers!

Andy

Evening all,

Don't forget - Vicbrew 2011 entries are due in no later than 12pm this Saturday, the 10th of September.

You can register your entries online at CompMaster, or use the entry form available on the Vicbrew website.

Also, if you're interested in judging or stewarding you can register you interest on CompMaster (using the "This Competition" -> "Help Out at This Competition" menu item) or shoot Mark Hibberd ([email protected]) a note with your contact details and the days you can help out.

Cheers, and good luck!

Andy

Is everything right with compmaster? Can't seem to find where to enter my beers....

Looks up from my end here.

You need to select the Vicbrew competition, and you should see a details page come up with a "Enter Vicbrew now" button at the top, as well as an "Enter Vicbrew" block on the right hand side of the page...

If you don't, shoot me a PM with your username and I'll check it out for you...

Andy

Cheers Andy, PM sent.

Also, that email addy for Mark has bounced back at me a couple of times. Error message said there wasn't an account with that name...

Phew! Just dropped off my entries. Quite a big box.

Opened up a hatch and out flew a bunch of carpet bombs! Hopefully one hits a target. :ph34r:

First time I've entered a whole heap, normally just throw in two. Thought I'd do a 'brewlotto' for a lark and see if any numbers come up. haha.
Also good for the club I guess to have a swag in, and good to get some feedback on some new styles I've been tinkering with this year.

All the best to all who've entered, hopefully we get a ripping standard at this years comp and can take it to those pesky Canberrans at AABC/Nationals :kooi:

Hopper.

Back