Vic Xmas Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used gava's CPF thingy (do you need it back yet mate) and it was just a time wasteing pain in the A hole, next time just back to regular bulk priming and fill, much easier.

The time wasteing part may have just been because i have no real idea how to use the thing.

nup. striaght from keg to bottle via taps on normal setting. well not quite true as i have celli's and can adjust the flow rate via the tap.
of course bottles will be wet and cold from sanitiser.

I might give it a go 4*. The CPF is great for doing occasional bottles (comps, parties, etc.) as you don't have to vent the entire headspace of the keg just to fill a bottle or three (wasted CO2), but is a slow process to do a whole keg.

Just make sure you get the overcarb right. (I use the rekoner for this) I do this for parties without overcarbing with no ill effects of carbonation when drinking throughout the night. I usually store in 2L PET bottles if im sharing or Grolsch swingtops for my own consumption. Who needs a party keg when you have 2L pets? :beerbang:

nup. striaght from keg to bottle via taps on normal setting. well not quite true as i have celli's and can adjust the flow rate via the tap.
of course bottles will be wet and cold from sanitiser.

Even easier if you can get the flow slow enough. Then you just overcarb the keg slightly for losses, vent and readjust the reg at your normal serving pressure. Let the celli do the work for ya!

Oh the joys of dealing with a picnic tap! :rolleyes:

ok i know im gonna get toasted on this one but as a result of recent working commitments i have been unable to get myself in a position where i can properly brew a beer to a standard thats suitable to swap so it is with much regret that i am with drwaing myself from this years swap , sorry for the latish notice but i was hoping things would allow me to brew , but its just got to the stage where im not going to be able to do it in sufficient time for the swap day ....

sorry and fire away with the insults ... i know theyre comin

sorry and fire away with the insults ... i know theyre comin
Admit it Barra, it's your sanitation issues again, isn't it! Just ask Fourstar :lol:

Hope you're still going to come along on the day. There's going to be a sh!tload of beer there, with all these people dropping out at the last minute...

1. Tough break barra. Looking forward to catching up. Ur a top bloke. Maybe next swap.
2. Funny as since the no sooking out thing was in referance fir u! Come for a drink and bring something to share.ah well bring on the swap

I'm afraid I have to regretfully inform all of you with my humblest apologies and realising it may throw a bit of a spanner in the works and change things around in a way that might possibly be quite irritating, that I will still be participating in this case swap and attending on the day as well.

I'm very, very, very sorry.

LOL. Very good Manticle!

Barra...not good mate. Hope your still attending!

... i have been unable to get myself in a position where i can properly brew a beer to a standard thats suitable to swap...

- 1 x Homebrew lager
- 2 kg Sugaz
- Ferment at ambient Melbourne temperatures, 30+ degrees all week
What do you mean you don't have time to brew a beer before the swap?

Now, I'm off to the supermarket to get supplies

- 1 x Homebrew lager
- 2 kg Sugaz
- Ferment at ambient Melbourne temperatures, 30+ degrees all week
What do you mean you don't have time to brew a beer before the swap?

Now, I'm off to the supermarket to get supplies

...and going by his username...no need to chill, ever :ph34r:

I'm afraid I have to regretfully inform all of you with my humblest apologies and realising it may throw a bit of a spanner in the works and change things around in a way that might possibly be quite irritating, that I will still be participating in this case swap and attending on the day as well.
I'm very, very, very sorry.
Hahah classico Mants!

are you still right for the pickup tonight mate?

are you still right for the pickup tonight mate?

The plan was for the 17th wasn't it... As ive got BJCP tonight. :unsure:

EDIT:
Oh wait you're right, it was planned tonight but BJCP dates skipped a week because of the Melbourne cup!

Shiiittteee! I hope next tuesday is ok? I havn't screwed any plans have i?

i had a look at the course scheule this morning and couldnt see a session for tonight. ????

17/11/2009 Class 4. Brown, Scottish and Strong Scotch Ales: Light and Dark Mild (Grant's Celtic Ale), English and American Brown (Newcastle, Sam Smith's Nut Brown Ale, Brooklyn Brown Ale, Pete's Wicked Ale), Scottish Light, Heavy and Export (McEwen's Export, Belhaven, MacAndrew's), Scotch (McEwen's, Traquair House). Technical topic: Hops, including varieties, IBUs, hopping scheduled and the association with different beer styles.

The plan was for the 17th wasn't it... As ive got BJCP tonight. :unsure:

EDIT:
Oh wait you're right, it was planned tonight but BJCP dates skipped a week because of the Melbourne cup!

Shiiittteee! I hope next tuesday is ok? I havn't screwed any plans have i?

nioce. Gives me another week!

i had a look at the course scheule this morning and couldnt see a session for tonight. ????

Hmmmm.... let me see...

CRAP YOU ARE RIGHT!!!!! OK its still on for tonight Fents!

DINGO! Get your swaps to fents by 7! :p i finish cricket training @ 7ish in viewbank so i'll be there at around 7:30ish.

Forget my stupidity. SWMBO is more an issue to deal with tonight then :p hahaha!

sooooo tonight or not? dosnt bother me either way....

sooooo tonight or not? dosnt bother me either way....

Yep, tonight. Lock it in. (BJCP will be/is next week) got my dates mixed. I'll be around after cricket training sweating for a beer! ;)

Edit: i had some BJCP confusion in my email.

We are still on for tonight Fents!

Back