Vic Xmas Non Swapping Thingamajig

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manticle

Standing up for the Aussie Bottler
Reaction score
It's a bit late in the day for a proper case swap to get organised before the year is out which is a shame.

What would be even more of a shame would be for Victorians to miss out on the great day that's usually had when the swap occurs - beer, spit roast, beer, beer talk, meet brewers, talk beer, drink beer, eat spit roast and usually brew a beer, etc etc, all accompanied by spit roast and beer. Even without the swap aspect, I reckon this is worth doing.

You get the idea.

Anyway in lieu of an actual swap this year*, it would be great if someone, somewhere were able to host the swap without the swap. I would if I could but I can't as I've just moved, I'm not set up and even if I were, I think the place might be too small. I am happy to assist someone with some of the organisational aspects though if someone wants to put their hand up.

Failing that, there is the possibility of a vic brewers meet in a park somewhere with a barbecue or somesuch.

Failing that, I am ashamed to be Victorian.

Well only a bit.

*Even some time in Jan etc.....

Love to join in and will happily cook some awesome sides. In the middle of a move (with the inlaws arriving from the UK in a week :blink: ) though so can't offer space. I could use a bit of sanity if anyone has some to spare. ;)

Top idea, Count me pickled :icon_drunk:

can also count the newly upgraded digs as a 'tentative' hosting venue.. a few things need to firm up but should have the 'results' in a week or so... (hoping not but may need to be out of state)

If anyone else wants to jump on in with a certain Host Venue and become a Legend... Please do, these gigs rarely fail to please and are often memorable... well at least to a point :lol:

:icon_cheers:

How about Australia day? It's a Saturday.
Melbourne Brewers have an annual Australia Day BBQ - so while the idea is a good one, it will cause conflicts for anyone who is also a MB member.

Count me in whether for December or January I'm keen for some brews. If its in January perhaps a mini swap could work. Either way I'm keen as beans.

I'd be keen as too, could even host it but I reckon I'm too far away for most (I live in Cockatoo)

4 b/room house with just me & swmbo so there's plenty of spare rooms & a double garage to set up brew rigs

just checking though, will there be a spit? :p

See what people reckon but swaps are hosted all over the place. First one I attended was in Bendigo.

How many people are we talking about, roughly? Dozens?

Back