• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

[VIC] Wanted to Buy: STC-1000 (Anyone got a spare? Could swap for new

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beermeupscotty

Reaction score
I purchased a couple of these 5 weeks ago from HK (eBay) but have had some bum luck in receiving and using them...

I received the first one which I finally wired but have found it has a faulty "S" button - despite powering up and otherwise functioning okay - so I can't change any settings. The second one never arrived. So now I've got a cube of wort I want to get fermenting but not without temp control! Very frustrating.

I'll be receiving a replacement or buying a new one within 2-3 weeks, in case anyone has a spare they can part with until my new one/s arrive.

Anyone near Kensington, 3031 able to help out?

Sure mate, I have a spare one...

What brand and seller?

I found the elitech ones a bit hit and miss, you missed out by a few weeks, gave one away a little ways back..

I have one and work in north melbourne near kensington.
PM me if gava's is not a goer.

gava said:
Sure mate, I have a spare one...
Thanks but Bendigo is a fair distance; I was hoping for a short drive to pick one up quickly and to avoid postage.

Yob said:
What brand and seller?

I found the elitech ones a bit hit and miss, you missed out by a few weeks, gave one away a little ways back..
Bought from 'sunwebzone': http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/310732371549?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

manticle said:
I have one and work in north melbourne near kensington.
PM me if gava's is not a goer.
Sounds ace. PM sent.

I have one that just does Cooling, brand new in box. will swap for a few beers.

I'm in Brunswick West.

Will Cowan said:
I have one that just does Cooling, brand new in box. will swap for a few beers.

I'm in Brunswick West.
Chances are I'll grab one off manticle (just waiting for reply to PM) but is yours an STC1000?

Just a query on the s button are you holding it down to select menu? Needs to be held in until the menu pops up right???

BottloBill said:
Just a query on the s button are you holding it down to select menu? Needs to be held in until the menu pops up right???
Yeah. Held it down for 3, 5, 10, 15 seconds. Nothing. Tried switching it on and off again. Tried with heating/cooling plugs in/out. No response to any configuration or button-holding time.

Thanks mate. Picked up a unit from manticle this morning and have a brew on the go now :)

Only thing to work on is sensor placement/insulation. Ultimately I'd like to get a thermowell but for the moment it's just the sensor under neoprene stuck to the side of the vessel. Currently the measured temp is changing too quickly to be measuring the wort properly so I'm going to try to sort that out. Might look at adding some more foam, applying some thermal paste (if I can find some) or even potentially insulating the sensor wire better. I've heard of poorly insulated sensor wires affecting measured temp...

Back