Vic July 2012 Caseswap!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol you know thats standard practice. i think rook and i kicked off at 8am one year.

Stop telling Lies Fents.....we started at 6.00pm the night before :D

Swags in the car and i cant wait to catch up with everyone

Rook

Swags in the car and i cant wait to catch up with everyone

now that's keen :lol:

The swap bottles, having been left inside where it's a bit warmer are carbed but could probably do with another month or so to mature...

also looking forward to the day.

Yob

I will be bringing some empty vials if anyone wants them.....cant be fucked doing slants anymore

Rook

Anyone got a grimwood? I have one but we may need a second if we are going to step mash with Fents' system. The HERMS will obviously be fine in that regard.

I also have a OTS element that I can bring. Let me know.

Names for cubers who are interested in Biere de Garde Yeast (6 full packs available, can be split)

1. Manticle
2. Iamozziyob
3. Charst
4. Wolfman
5. Fents
6. Leigh

Have updated the brew day article as well.

Happy to do whatever is needed on the day. Can bring drill and mill if needed.

PS As stated elsewhere, happy to take whatever is left or miss out should there not be 7 full cubes.

It has been a while since I have brewed or been a part of any homebrew related activities. Time to get back amongst it I reckon. I would love to be a Non Swap Attendee if there are no objections. :)

Hi all,
Well not far away now. 28th July!

Address-

Unit 2/ 65 Wungan St Macleod Vic.

My house is about 800m from Macleod station on the Hurstbridge line if that helps anyone!

ph 0409 862 810 Feel free to give me a call or shoot thru a texty for any queries.

Time- 12pm til ???

Cost $25.00 per head Beer and food supplied.
Please have correct money on the day to save hassels and pay Fents on arrival. He will tick you off the list.

If people want to organise to drop their swap beers/kegs in prior to the event give me a call.

People are welcome to bring their swags and crash on the lounge floor if they like.

If for some reason you cant make but have said you can please let us know ASAP!

Looking forward to it, should be a ripper day. Lets hope the weather and beer gods are on our side.

Happy Brewin

Trippers :party:

probably wont to get rid of the personal info therre :)

If it looks liek being a shitty daye I can bring a fold out gazeebo type thing I got for the last swap and will keep an eye on the weather.

How are we sorted for all the ingredients for the swap day? I was having a look but couldnt tell if we are there or not.

Yob

gazebo thing would be good, might save us using tarps...

heres what we need for the two beers :

Fents system
20.45 kg Pilsner (Weyermann) (3.3 EBC) Grain 83.10 %
1.70 kg Munich I (Weyermann) (14.0 EBC) Grain 6.93 %
1.70 kg Vienna Malt (Weyermann) (5.9 EBC) Grain 6.93 %
0.75 kg Biscuit Malt (45.3 EBC) Grain 3.05 %
71.02 gm Saaz [4.00 %] (60 min) Hops 7.6 IBU
71.02 gm Styrian Goldings [5.40 %] (60 min) Hops 10.3 IBU
71.02 gm Styrian Goldings [5.40 %] (30 min) Hops 7.9 IBU
71.02 gm Saaz [4.00 %] (30 min) Hops 5.9 IBU
34.09 gm Saaz [4.00 %] (0 min) Hops -
34.09 gm Styrian Goldings [5.40 %] (0 min) Hops -

Trippers system
12.75 kg Pilsner (Weyermann) (1.7 SRM) Grain 85.0 %
0.75 kg Biscuit (Dingemans) (22.5 SRM) Grain 5.0 %
0.75 kg Munich I (Weyermann) (7.1 SRM) Grain 5.0 %
0.75 kg Vienna Malt (3.5 SRM) Grain 5.0 %
45.00 gm Styrian Goldings [5.40%] (60 min) Hops 10.0 IBU
50.00 gm Styrian Goldings [5.40%] (30 min) Hops 8.5 IBU
45.00 gm Saaz [3.50%] (60 min) Hops 6.5 IBU
50.00 gm Saaz [3.50%] (30 min) Hops 5.5 IBU
20.00 gm Saaz [3.50%] (0 min) Hops -
20.00 gm Styrian Goldings [5.40%] (0 min) Hops -

Are we really doing the same beer across two systems? guess it would be good for comparisons.....

So who's got what?

I'm up for two different ones - just depends what people want in cubes and how many. Two the same is fine if that's what people want too.

There's a list in the brewday article of things people are happy to contribute. I've got 6 packs of biere de garde yeast, 25 kg dingemans malt available as well as hops, biscuit and munich.

Think vitalstatistix had some Dingemans pilsner too, yob had some weyermann and some munich from memory.

I'm up for two different ones - just depends what people want in cubes and how many. Two the same is fine if that's what people want too.

There's a list in the brewday article of things people are happy to contribute. I've got 6 packs of biere de garde yeast, 25 kg dingemans malt available as well as hops, biscuit and munich.

Think vitalstatistix had some Dingemans pilsner too, yob had some weyermann and some munich from memory.

Im not fussed either, my mashy can hold 14kg max so just work around that.

so who's going to take this by the nuts and make lists and suggest stuff?

If it looks liek being a shitty daye I can bring a fold out gazeebo type thing I got for the last swap and will keep an eye on the weather.

How are we sorted for all the ingredients for the swap day? I was having a look but couldnt tell if we are there or not.

Yob

Cheers mate, i will have some tarps and the garage/breweries will be under cover. If your going to drop your beers earlier maybe you could drop that as well and we can have it setup. Better to be safe than wet! Thanks for the offer buddy!

The list is here: http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...showarticle=199

I'll wack it in my signature too so it's easily accessible.

As for the beer - Popular vote and if people don't pipe up we'll assume biere de garde is the king of the day.

I'll tally up the total ingredients when I get home tonight and re-do the list so we can tick each one off.

How about a Belgian Pale ale and the Bier degarde?
A beer like that allows us to make as many cubes as possible being 5% ish
and would match with a few of the ingredients being thrown around...just a thought

Back