Vic Floor Malted Barley - EOI

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Yob,
If any spare seats on the BB for NFH first shipment to VIC pls chalk me down for a bag as well.
Thanks,
Dermott

dowlmott said:
Hi Yob,
If any spare seats on the BB for NFH first shipment to VIC pls chalk me down for a bag as well.
Thanks,
Dermott
Checking out the new kid in town, huh?

Don't suppose anyone who's put their name down for a sack on the Vic EOI is heading north to NSW and wants to swap with the sack I've put my name against in the Sydney EOI?

Hi Everyone
I've been spending a bit of time in the malthouse in the last few weeks with a couple of different welders. Unfortunately both these guys have been really busy and are only available on weekends at the moment. We are also having a minor annoyance with insurance and hot work permits but I can work around that.
The kiln is taking shape nicely now and is really starting to look like something finally.
I have what I consider to be a very large gas burner (35kW) but what I am told is actually quite tiny in the scheme of things.
I have a pressure blower that will be used to dry the green malt and recirculate the hot air during the final kilning stage.
I have ducting sitting all lonely in a box.
Everything is basically ready to go, just need the time to get in and get it all put together.
Designing and building something like this has been one of the biggest challenges I've come up against in a long time and I grossly underestimated the time it was going to take.
I am still marching on, just a wee bit slower than I had always imagined.

gonna have to pull out of this as the last bulk buy has got me an assload of malt, hope I'm doing this right:

Yob : 1
AJ80: 1
Rob.P: 2
Professional_Drunk: 1
Mardoo: 1
DU99 : 1
Danwood: 2
Idzy: 1
SimoB :1
CrookedFingers : 1
slcmorro: 1
Dips Me Lid : 1
Black n Tan: 1
CrazyOldGuy: 1
djar007: 1
Crouch: 2
mofox1: 1
Whiteferret: 2
Mall: 1
Roller997: 1
Longlostbelgian: 1
Fort Monty : 2
AndyD :1
MashBasher : 1
Prince Imperial: 1
Jack Truelove: 1
Porkchop: 1
WillCowan: 1
Sim76: 1
Syl: 2
Sim76: 2
Primusbrew: 1

Total: 39

I'm sure it'll be fine buckerooni. They're dangerous, those BBs!
Boddingtons Best and Dowlmott have both expressed interest in a sack, but neither started a reserve list (rookie mistake!) - so one of them should take up the slack.
I'm unofficially in a split with Prince Imperial (if he remembers) but I could take the spare sack and let PI keep all of his if needs be. Happy to let someone else claim it, I just thought I'd put this out there in case there was a panic about being a buyer short.

I'll put my hand up if there is a spare sack given the impending move south, but assumed that there were many ahead of me in the Q given the number of potential reversists in this thread

Blind Dog said:
I'll put my hand up if there is a spare sack given the impending move south, but assumed that there were many ahead of me in the Q given the number of potential reversists in this thread
I'm happy to let go one of mine on the list if you like. Unless of course there is someone else ahead of you ?

technobabble66 said:
I'm unofficially in a split with Prince Imperial (if he remembers) but I could take the spare sack and let PI keep all of his if needs be.
I'm happy either way mate, I'll get through a whole sack, so jump on a spare if you want, but also happy to split if you prefer.

Cheers, would love to take a sack, but from my reading of the above boddingtons best (which to a southern pom is a bit like someone using XXXX for a user name; flame suit donned), Dowlmott and technobabble 66 all put their hand up for a sack before me. Mores the pity

fortmonty said:
I'm happy to let go one of mine on the list if you like. Unless of course there is someone else ahead of you ?

Hi all.
Going to have to pull out of this BB this time round. Have just bought a house, so all my money will be going towards that and the bank for a while. 3 sacks up for grabs. Not sure who is in line next. Will let you guys sort that out. I hope I copied the latest list.

Total: 36

by my reckoning there were 3 in the Q before me after the shares were locked, and 4 sacks now available, so I'm getting in quick...

BlindDog: 1
Total: 37

3 available? Ive not done a count up.

Might be good to get an eta from NFH just to help with logistics.

Yob said:
I note you have just put your hand up to do a count on the latest list ;)
indeed, albeit unintentionally :p

Blind Dog said:
by my reckoning there were 3 in the Q before me after the shares were locked, and 4 sacks now available, so I'm getting in quick...