Vic Case Swap Equipment....ongoing..

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
howz about a keggle sized hopback while we're at it? I'm sure there's a few heads that would like to get bent out of shape thinking about that

Don't go there! I have said keg in the shed with a BM malt pipe that would strain hop matter beautifully.

I'm liking where you guys are going with your thinking on this lot, with a bit of caution thrown-in. I'm trying to visualise how these suggestions could be effectively be put into service without someone having to constantly monitor & adjust things whilst still having a few bevvies. The idea is to relax whilst we do all the essential drinking & gas-bagging, letting the wort essentially make itself.

I'd temper the the exuberance with the KISS principle. The more there is to play-with, the more potential we may end-up at home to Mr Cockup. All it would take is one person with that essential bit of kit suddenly unable to attend (like a car accident, Alien-abduction or a promise of weekend-long wild, gratuitous rumpy-pumpy with 16 virgins) & we're all screwed. Pardon the obvious pun there......:p

I can see how a small HLT/urn supplying to a couple of CFC's would work as a HEX system (greater sensitivity to demands of temp. change) would work.

If we're going to do a couple of brews over the weekend, maybe we look at doing a Friday night "cold-start-ramp" set to mash-out & just leave it to run overnight? Get-up on Saturday morning, runoff & boil in daylight, rather that having a couple of people working into the wee-smalls on their own? By the time the late-arrivers turn up on the Saturday, it's their job to clean-out the boiler & get everything set up for the second batch.

Just thinking out loud here......

Sounds like a few people have caught the big brew bug, haha!

seriously there are 16 virgins (over 20) in this country?... you jest! Though I believe from this point on a standard watch the vehicle in front of you carefully when traveling to swap.

Check this !

Left is 1000ltr with some mixers
Right is 1500ltrs
Available fir a price

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 149
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 140
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 142
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Well I've been told to pull my head in with spending so those two tanks above are around $700 ea and available on an a$ap basis.

No guarantee I can get.

The following bits might also be handy, I'd need to get a price.

Droid I'm interested in pretty much everything you have posted! Let me know what I need to do haha

aren't you s'posed to be finishing what you started?
yes I am...s'posed to be finishing what I started - that's true

apols for the arse about posting but was on the phone

have spoken with husky, not really good timing for either of us. I'll get some prices today, if someone wants to provide a piece of equipment for the case-swap then I would do my best to get it. Just putting it out there really as it's all gonna go very soon.

yes I am...s'posed to be finishing what I started - that's true

apols for the arse about posting but was on the phone

have spoken with husky, not really good timing for either of us. I'll get some prices today, if someone wants to provide a piece of equipment for the case-swap then I would do my best to get it. Just putting it out there really as it's all gonna go very soon.
good luck to your wallet sir! ;)

If you want it, I can hitch up a trailer and bring down for the BB, not all of it mind you, it's a trailer not an 18 wheeler!

I reckon one of those load platforms would go alright with the right engine and wheels.

Thanks, but not now. I'm just looking for a honkin' big kettle. 200l or so.

I reckon one of those load platforms would go alright with the right engine and wheels.

Thanks, but not now. I'm just looking for a honkin' big kettle. 200l or so.
I've got that sort of project on the back burner, if something pops up I'll grab it. The keezer and BB have kept me pretty busy, and we may be moving closer to Melbourne in 6months (SWMBO's work). My plan was twin reasonable size mash tuns so I could get greater use, multiple brews at the same time or smaller batch sizes and even reiterate fairly easily. But there is soooo much gear in the shed!I really need to consolidate and sell off some excess.

I think we need one of those platforms for the height challenged amongst us to be able to see into the bfk.

What do you think grumpypaul?

Back