• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

VIC (Boronia) - FS Very Basic Ag Setup + Font + Bits

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andytork

Reaction score
Ok,

So I am cleaning out old stuff to make way for my new monster rig.

Here is my trusty old urn, esky & pot setup (used for last 4 years)

First up, a 30 litre URN, has thermowell, comes with lid. I did have a external temp controller, daughter is using it for her bearded dragon enclosure until I fix her thermostat, so comes without it. $80 (thermowell will set you back $35)

IMAG0156__Small_.jpg

Next

My esky 50cm x 30cm x 30 cm (45 litre), has basic manifold (stainless braid and copper) and brass tap, comes with lid, doesn't leak or anything. Pretty basic so $35

IMAG0159__Small_.jpg
IMAG0160__Small_.jpg

Kettle

Aluminium pot, 50cm wide, 25 deep (50 litre), comes with 3 piece ball vale, crude coper pickup. Its wide and low, evaporation is quite high, but you just add extra fluid. was great for single batch. Needs a good scrub and boil as its been sat a year or so. $65

IMAG0154__Small_.jpg
IMAG0155__Small_.jpg

Spiral Burner with adjustable medium pressure regulator (bottle gas). Bottle not included !
Comes with stand, you take take my little table too if you like. $100 for the lot

IMAG0162__Small_.jpg
IMAG0163__Small_.jpg
IMAG0164__Small_.jpg

Copper immersion coil ~15metres , $70
IMAG0165__Small_.jpg
IMAG0166__Small_.jpg

Stainless 2 piece full bore ball valves, never used. I plumbed a couple in and decided to go motorised.These were bought for geordi so not the cheap rubbish
(I have 5 surplus) $15 each

IMAG0161__Small_.jpg

1 x STC 1000, found it in a drawer, never used. $20 (same price as you can get from HK etc without the delay).Picture courtesy of ebay
stc1000.jpg

Also got a 3 way andale flooded font (no taps or snaplocks, I re-lined it all the way through, doesn't leak cooler or beer), chrome, needs a clean $100, missing bottom nut (I got a suitable one from a plumbing place, but lost that when I pulled it out)

All items are boronia, vic. All are pickup ( I work around Hawthorn and Mulgrave during the week so can be picked up from those locations too). All open to reasonable offers. May find more stuff as I am cleaning out

Andy

Ok,

So I am cleaning out old stuff to make way for my new monster rig.

Here is my trusty old urn, esky & pot setup (used for last 4 years)

First up, a 30 litre URN, has thermowell, comes with lid. I did have a external temp controller, daughter is using it for her bearded dragon enclosure until I fix her thermostat, so comes without it. $80 (thermowell will set you back $35)

View attachment 56119

Next

My esky 50cm x 30cm x 30 cm (45 litre), has basic manifold (stainless braid and copper) and brass tap, comes with lid, doesn't leak or anything. Pretty basic so $35

View attachment 56120
View attachment 56121

Kettle

Aluminium pot, 50cm wide, 25 deep (50 litre), comes with 3 piece ball vale, crude coper pickup. Its wide and low, evaporation is quite high, but you just add extra fluid. was great for single batch. Needs a good scrub and boil as its been sat a year or so. $65

View attachment 56122
View attachment 56123

Spiral Burner with adjustable medium pressure regulator (bottle gas). Bottle not included !
Comes with stand, you take take my little table too if you like. $100 for the lot

View attachment 56124
View attachment 56125
View attachment 56126

Copper immersion coil ~15metres , $70
View attachment 56128
View attachment 56129

Stainless 2 piece full bore ball valves, never used. I plumbed a couple in and decided to go motorised.These were bought for geordi so not the cheap rubbish
(I have 5 surplus) $15 each

View attachment 56127

1 x STC 1000, found it in a drawer, never used. $20 (same price as you can get from HK etc without the delay).Picture courtesy of ebay
View attachment 56130

Also got a 3 way andale flooded font (no taps or snaplocks, I re-lined it all the way through, doesn't leak cooler or beer), chrome, needs a clean $100, missing bottom nut (I got a suitable one from a plumbing place, but lost that when I pulled it out)

All items are boronia, vic. All are pickup ( I work around Hawthorn and Mulgrave during the week so can be picked up from those locations too). All open to reasonable offers. May find more stuff as I am cleaning out

Andy

Any pics of the font

Hey mate, I'm keen on taking the spiral burner off your hands. And perhaps a couple of ball-valves, and the copper immersion coil.

Oh, and the STC 1000. :)

Couple of questions, are the ball-valves 1/2"? Are these suitable for a kettle and mash-tun with the use of bulkheads etc for plumbing?

Is the spiral burner capable of boiling larger pots? Something around the 70L mark?

If so how does $200 sound for these items?

Cheers.

the spiral burner I never used on anything over number 1 once boiling, had it at #3 to start the boil (it goes to 10 or 12), should handle whatever pot you throw at it. I am going full electric otherwise I would keep it for new setup

The valves are 1/2" full bore, will be fine with bulkheads etc either parallel thread or tapered goes into them easily enough

$200 for 2 x valves, chiller, burner and stc-1000 sounds fair

Hey mate, I'm keen on taking the spiral burner off your hands. And perhaps a couple of ball-valves, and the copper immersion coil.

Oh, and the STC 1000. :)

Couple of questions, are the ball-valves 1/2"? Are these suitable for a kettle and mash-tun with the use of bulkheads etc for plumbing?

Is the spiral burner capable of boiling larger pots? Something around the 70L mark?

If so how does $200 sound for these items?

Cheers.

Thanks and gone

That leaves the esky, urn, pot, a few ball valves and the font (which I have totally forgotten to take photos of)

Too easy. Can pickup tonight, does that suit?

That leaves the esky, urn, pot, a few ball valves and the font (which I have totally forgotten to take photos of)

Also have a surplus of stainless thermowells from a recent chinese order ($25 each + post if anyone wants posted), had to buy 10 only needed 3 (or 4). They have a rubber washer, so you may want to get a silicone one ($1 from most brew places)

IMAG0176__Medium_.jpg

And a couple of 1206-D temp controllers (same as stc1000) $25 each

View attachment c1206_d.pdf

Pickup is Boronia 3155 or I can post small things at buyers expense

Back