Vic August Grain Bulk Buy - EOI

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yob

Hop to it
Reaction score
Pickup date of August 22 11am-1pm - Location is Keg King in springvale.

NOTE: All orders must be picked up on this date unless previously agreed with both myself and the Host.

Payment will be expected to be collated and cleared 2 weeks prior to collection Date meaning the date where funds need to be cleared in the account is...
Friday 07 August

Please see file attached for available malts and pricing as received from the Host.

*Post edited numerous times with updated information

View attachment Keg King - Springvale - Grain Bulk Buy.xlsx

You're a mighty fine man Yob!

Yob: Gladfield pale something or other 1
JB: Gladfield pale something or other x1 + probably Maris Otter x1

Running Total: 3

Dunno how relevant this is but David Cryer at Cryer Malt told me they will fulfill grain orders directly at a minimum of only 4 bags...would that be of any assistance to this collective bulk buy?

Usually delivery that's the PITA sourcing from all over the joint is a killer for overall pricing. Will looks it though if peeps are interested in the malt

Micbrew: Gladfield pale something x1

Running Total: 4

Can you get heavy Peated malt Yob? If not Lochems post sounds interesting.
Does anyone know where cryer malts are located here in Australia? A search only gave me their NZ address, even from their website.

Yob said:
I know Gladfields do a smoked, will find out if any other sources are available.
I definitely need heavy Peated, not smoked. My current brews are "Islay" style brews. But if you could look into it for us that would be great?

Rob.p don't care who from bag of wheat x1
dont' care who from bag of vienna x 1

Running Total: 6

DU99 : Bag of Ale Malt x1 [Gladfield/Weyerman prefered)
Total = 7

I put some time into this today, list is partially complete now, I'm trying to get a full list by the end of the week, suppliers have been contacted to confirm pricing. Possible location change too but will wait till its confirmed with the host.

Truman said:
Can you get heavy Peated malt Yob? If not Lochems post sounds interesting.
Does anyone know where cryer malts are located here in Australia? A search only gave me their NZ address, even from their website.
I met with David Cryer personally. Great guy. They are located in Altona, on Blackshaws Rd.
They've got a very wide range of Wyermann malts, as well as some of the local malts from Barret Burston.

Pickup from their facility in Altona is not a problem, he's told me.

Lochem said:
I met with David Cryer personally. Great guy. They are located in Altona, on Blackshaws Rd.
They've got a very wide range of Wyermann malts, as well as some of the local malts from Barret Burston.

Pickup from their facility in Altona is not a problem, he's told me.
I spoke to their sales manager today who said they dont sell to home brewers so I have to buy through a HBS like craft brewer but can still pick up from their factory in Altona.

Is that what David said to you?

Truman said:
I spoke to their sales manager today who said they dont sell to home brewers so I have to buy through a HBS like craft brewer but can still pick up from their factory in Altona.

Is that what David said to you?
No it's not.

I met him at a GBW event upstairs from BeerDeluxe in Fed Sq. It was a panel discussion with some brewery reps about opening a brewery, etc. I never gave him the impression that I own my own brewery, nor that I work at one.
I may have told him I'm thinking about doing it one day (hey, thinking is a form of existence, is it not?), but he clearly knew I was a home brewer when he told me I can buy directly.

it is always possible he intended for when I would one day be buying as a brewery...but I did not get that impression.

Be that as it may... I believe all you really need is an ABN and a company name and there is no reason why one couldn't buy directly from them

Lochem said:
need is an ABN and a company name and there is no reason why one couldn't buy directly from them
Thats the way I see it, these things I have... however, it doesn't seem to be as cut and dry as all that.

DU99 : Bag of Ale Malt x1 [will decided brand when list appears)
Helles : 4 bags atleast of base malt of some sort
Total = 11

Hell yeah. Gladfield bandwagon baby.

DU99 : Bag of Ale Malt x1 [will decided brand when list appears)
Helles : 4 bags atleast of base malt of some sort
Mofox1: 1 x Gladfield Ale, 1 x Gladfield American Ale, and probably a Munich or so too but will confirm later (anyone want to split a Rye?)

Total = 13

Back