Vic 2018 Xmas in July Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Koala scat ale?
Ohh baby...

homer.JPG

We just bought a speed boat and I know from doing the Postie run on Raymond Island that there are Koalas there, it's a tourist attraction - what could possibly go wrong with some kind of high speed, dark, early morning jaunt to the island looking for scat!?

mello.jpg

Last edited:
Settled on the ground mostly. You may find some get caught in the branch joins or hollows in the trunks. That would be the better quality skat I'd imagine.

Yes, it really complements the faecal aromas!

Probably head down to Eagle Point on Saturday @droid. You around for a beer? I’ll pm my number and we’ll catch up. Saturday or Sunday anyway, depending on fishing...

Thanks for the hospitality yesterday @droid and apologies for the little tacker busting up your place!
Forgot to mention also that the Riwaka flower brew grew on me and I preferred it as it warmed up a bit.
@Mardoo I have some burners for you fella. I'm brewing in the shed all day tomorrow if you're free if not during the week is fine. I can even drop off to you if you have stuff going on.

Eagle point is a nice place, plenty of options for the brew location too which may be best left till closer to the day to decide. If the usual applies where attendees drop like flies a week out then Droids house may be the go. If not and theres heaps of peeps the caravan park would work if we brew on their land and use the rotunda as a social hub.

Haven't been on much over the hols... i should have. I got back from Lakes Entrance yesterday. Even went to Paynesville and raymond island. ..didn't even make the connection that in was so close to droids place. I should've dropped in to say hi b to.

Hey Tricky Dicky,

Welcome aboard. The case swap is a weekend where we all get together and swap beers. If you want to be involved you bring 24 of the same beer and you walk away with 24 different beers from everyone that has signed up.

Also on the weekend we brew 6-700 litres of beer. I think this time around it's going to be a ESB. This gets divided up amongst the "cubers" who bring a 20 litre cube and take it home to ferment. This really has evolved to be what the weekend is all about. Brewing a massive amount of beer on a cobbled together system.

Everyone brings bottles of beer and kegs and we sample these through the weekend. There is plenty of room to camp at these events so you don't have to drive anywhere. We start setting up Friday afternoon and finish up on Sunday sometime.

Where about's do you live? You are more than welcome to come and check it out, be involved or just watch. There is something for everyone!

Also I forgot to mention, we eat like kings! There is a food crew and we eat brilliantly all weekend!

PM me or Idzy if you want more details.

Hey Tricky Dicky,

Welcome aboard. The case swap is a weekend where we all get together and swap beers. If you want to be involved you bring 24 of the same beer and you walk away with 24 different beers from everyone that has signed up.

Also on the weekend we brew 6-700 litres of beer. I think this time around it's going to be a ESB. This gets divided up amongst the "cubers" who bring a 20 litre cube and take it home to ferment. This really has evolved to be what the weekend is all about. Brewing a massive amount of beer on a cobbled together system.

Everyone brings bottles of beer and kegs and we sample these through the weekend. There is plenty of room to camp at these events so you don't have to drive anywhere. We start setting up Friday afternoon and finish up on Sunday sometime.

Where about's do you live? You are more than welcome to come and check it out, be involved or just watch. There is something for everyone!

Also I forgot to mention, we eat like kings! There is a food crew and we eat brilliantly all weekend!

Hey Tricky Dicky,

Sounds really interesting but as I am just about to keg my first brew kit and don't intend to bottle at this stage, how would it work for a keg only brewer? BTW is it being held at FTG ? I'm in Lilydale Vic.

Sounds really interesting but as I am just about to keg my first brew kit and don't intend to bottle at this stage, how would it work for a keg only brewer? BTW is it being held at FTG ? I'm in Lilydale Vic.

Tricky Dicky
Yes being held in FTG.

If you want to join in as a swapper - you need to bottle at least that batch. The advantage is you will go home with 20odd awesome beers from other brewers.

If you dont want to swap you are always welcome to attend - hang out, watch the big brew, talk shit, talk about brewing, taste others beers. Quite acceptable to drop in for a little or a long while.

Message @Nullnvoid or @idzy for the details you wont regret it. Its a great weekend no matter how much time you go for. And you get to meet some great blokes...and a few ordinary ones.

wow this sounds like an amazing time! im pretty new to brewing. done 3 BIAB's with a stock pot on a burner in the garden, the mrs just treated me to a robobrew as an early birthday pressie though :party:
Just made a stout today but keen for getting my moneys worth from the machine! what date in july is it? have some family over for my birthday mid july. how do I keep notified about future meet ups if i cant make this one though? would love to get a brew ready that ive taken my time about to give out to everyone!

Back